Song from a fill-in gig

Solid rock track. Everything sounded tight. Great job. It's fun getting those gigs, you never know what is going to get thrown at you.

great song and real nice job as a fill in... sounded like you wrote it with them and have played it for years.. good all round rock band..vocalist has the rock voice for sure!!

Thanks guys! It was definitely a fun show. Sorry for the bad sound quality, it is hard to hear exactly what's going on. I felt like my groove was pretty weak early-ish in the song, anyone else catch that? Or maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought?

Ethan, reversing your sentences tells the story ... just listened again. In hindsight, the drums are a bit behind the guitar early on but you're pretty well protected by the distortion :)

Yes exactly! I think this song exemplified that I was a "fill-in". Their other songs are faster tempo but for such a slow groovy song it's very hard to lock-in to players you don't have much experience playing with. I was trying to follow them as much as they were trying to follow me. In the end though I just wanted to be sure the song didn't speed up or drag, and I think that turned out all right =D

Back