Somebody Stop Me!!

makinao

Silver Member
I popped into my friendly music store and they have a holiday special on brand new 18" 2013 A thin crashes. Apparently there is some kind of mixup between Zildjian USA and the local distributor. So it's going for the equivalent of US$162. Is that a great buy or not? I already have three crashes. a 70s A thin 16", an A Custom projection 18", and a 70s A crash-ride 20", so I really don't need another one. But it I fell in love with it because it really sounds so similar to my 70s A's. Also, this month I rearranged my cymbals and there is one space left on the left of my hats. The problem is that I hardly play gigs at all anymore, and I might be moving to a smaller house late next year. This Christmas I had saved up enough to get a 16gb ram upgrade for my Macbook Pro which will costs the same. Choosing between the two is killing me. So will somebody please stop me? :)

Last edited:
Re: Somebody Stop Me!!!!!!!!!

It wont be me to stop you. That Macbook will be obsolete long before that Zildjian stops sounding good.

I popped into my friendly music store and they have a holiday special on brand new 18" 2013 A thin crashes. Apparently there is some kind of mixup between Zildjian USA and the local distributor. So it's going for the equivalent of US$162. Is that a great buy or not? I already have three crashes. a 70s A thin 16", an A Custom projection 18", and a 70s A crash-ride 20", so I really don't need another one. But it I fell in love with it because it really sounds so similar to my 70s A's. Also, this month I rearranged my cymbals and there is one space left on the left of my hats. The problem is that I hardly play gigs at all anymore, and I might be moving to a smaller house late next year. This Christmas I had saved up enough to get a 16gb ram upgrade for my Macbook Pro which will costs the same. Choosing between the two is killing me. So will somebody please stop me? :)

That's a pretty good deal. They average around $240 here new. Get the cymbal. Keep an eye out for used computer hardware. Worst case scenario, get the cymbal and if you are not really keen on it, sell it for little to no loss. Well... says the guy with about ten cymbals just sitting against the wall next to me that are not a part of my gigging kit. Yeah! Get the cymbal!

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
There were two in the store, and I chose the one with a more complex timbres. 1330 grams on my kitchen scale. The sounds were pretty close though, closer than I remembered when I was buying my A's back in the 70s.

Bring on the New Year!

1512488_10202857619060569_1168060763_n.jpg

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!
There were two in the store, and I chose the one with a more complex timbres. 1330 grams on my kitchen scale. The sounds were pretty close though, closer than I remembered when I was buying my A's back in the 70s.

Bring on the New Year!

1512488_10202857619060569_1168060763_n.jpg

Congrats! You chose wisely. Great looking cymbal now with the new larger A's too. Enjoy the new pie.

Great deal for a great cymbal..if you really cant stop buying cymbals the only thing that ever worked for me to cure this was to start buying snare drums..probably went 8 months without buying a cymbal...lol

I think you made the right choice. Like was said the cymbal will outlast the computer. I am not sure if I will ever stop spending money on my kit. I am not even good yet. I want to fill every hole and make everything sound even better.

Enjoy your new addition!

I'm not sure why anyone ever comes on this forum asking to be talked out of a drum-related purpose. That simply isn't what we do around here. Nice snag.

Back