Some of my latest snare builds...

stavebuilder

Hi, folks. I though I'd share some pictures of the snares that I've made lately. I make my own shells and do all of the modifications the hardware in house. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Drumsinhisheart

Silver Member
Beautiful drums.

Nice job on the details with the throw-offs. Haven't seen that before, and have thought about that with other parts, too.

Drumsinhisheart

Silver Member
Ha! Trade secrets. Was looking forward to see how you round your I.D.

Nice idea for laying up the staves. So, it looks like you use a white glue of some kind. I was surprised by that. I was also surprised to see you spraying in the open like that. No evil particles or bugs in the air settling onto to your finishes?

Do you have a CNC for metal parts, too? Nice shop. The shop is everything.

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Wow, those are beautiful. I want one. I may be getting in touch with you in the next few months. I am picking up a new kit and a new snare may be in order as well.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Tony - great stuff as always. So good to see attention to detail proudly featured :) All the best for 2014,

Andy.

Smatch

Tony they look amazing. Is one of those lacewood?

I can attest to Tony's drum quality being a former owner of one. The shells are flawless and sound freaking amazing. If not for falling head over heals for my Joyful Noise Bronze snare (I literally play nothing else) I have zero doubt that the Bellwether would still be in my possession. I do however plan to have Tony build me another snare down the road when my honeymoon with metal snares comes to an end. Beautiful work as always Tony and Happy New Year to you and you family!!

stavebuilder

Thanks for all of the generous compliments, guys. It is very much appreciated
Ha! Trade secrets. Was looking forward to see how you round your I.D.

Nice idea for laying up the staves. So, it looks like you use a white glue of some kind. I was surprised by that. I was also surprised to see you spraying in the open like that. No evil particles or bugs in the air settling onto to your finishes?

Do you have a CNC for metal parts, too? Nice shop. The shop is everything.
I round the I.D. same as the O.D.. only with the tool rest and gouge on the inside. The glue I use is Titebond III. Very strong and easy to work with.Yes, it is a very primitive rotisserie in the open air. I only spray on calm days or with he door shut and get a very clean finish. I have exactly the opposite of a CNC. I actually use an old Benchmaster benchtop mill made in the 1940's and a lathe from the same era.
Wow, those are beautiful. I want one. I may be getting in touch with you in the next few months. I am picking up a new kit and a new snare may be in order as well.
Thank you! By all means, let me know if you are interested. I'd be more than happy to make a snare for you.

Tony - great stuff as always. So good to see attention to detail proudly featured :) All the best for 2014,

Andy.
Thanks, Andy. Compliments from you are especially meaningful considering the fantastic product that you and Dean put out.

Tony they look amazing. Is one of those lacewood?

I can attest to Tony's drum quality being a former owner of one. The shells are flawless and sound freaking amazing. If not for falling head over heals for my Joyful Noise Bronze snare (I literally play nothing else) I have zero doubt that the Bellwether would still be in my possession. I do however plan to have Tony build me another snare down the road when my honeymoon with metal snares comes to an end. Beautiful work as always Tony and Happy New Year to you and you family!!
Thanks for the ringing endorsement, Jamie. No, none of those are lacewood. This one is leopardwood which looks nearly identical to lacewood only leopardwood is considerably harder and ore brittle.

Attachments