Some new Mapex gear in the hizzy. Haters R welcome.

gish

You won’t find any Mapex hate from this guy. Proudly owned, played, and gigged a Saturn III kit for 7 years, and stupidly sold it (it’s the kit I’m playing in my avatar). The drums sounded great in every room, excellent build quality, and never had an issue with them. Sound men and band mates also frequently complimented how they sounded. My Mapex ownership was such a positive experience that I’m sure I will own another Saturn at some point. Your kit looks great ; good luck with them and enjoy!

Tommy_D

Platinum Member
Nice kit, Darth. My Saturn III kit is definelty geared for rock/metal with its insanely sharp bearing edges, but it does it so well I dont think I would be able to find a kit better suited for the genre. So its sticking with me for life. It also helps that the kit is the best constructed of any it that has come my way. Definitely a Tuesday at 10 am built kit.

I agree that red drums are not my style. I had a transparent red kit for a while and it never really spoke to me. But when you have the opportunity to get a great kit at a great price with a cool burl finish (Alpi doesn't bother me one bit) the red doesn't really matter to me. You take that deal.

Post more pics. The few you put up are not enough.

Darth Vater

Nice kit, Darth. My Saturn III kit is definelty geared for rock/metal with its insanely sharp bearing edges, but it does it so well I dont think I would be able to find a kit better suited for the genre. So its sticking with me for life. It also helps that the kit is the best constructed of any it that has come my way. Definitely a Tuesday at 10 am built kit.

I agree that red drums are not my style. I had a transparent red kit for a while and it never really spoke to me. But when you have the opportunity to get a great kit at a great price with a cool burl finish (Alpi doesn't bother me one bit) the red doesn't really matter to me. You take that deal.

Post more pics. The few you put up are not enough.
Only because you asked Tommy, and the fact that I'm currently a little lit up on scotch. ;) Tommy D2 8x6.jpgTommy D1 8c6.jpgTommy_D 8x6.jpg