Some crap from bobdadruma

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I put a bunch of crap up on YouTube. Check it out! I'm hiding behind Guy( My Crew Chief) as usual! I've been hiding behind him since Nam! You can get a glimpse of me during the solo on SuzieQ. Have fun! Feel free to pick me apart! Here is the link. Special thanks to
Mediocrefunkybeat! He helped me fix some problems with the audio! http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bobdadruma&view=videos Here is a recent pic of an aging bobdadruma!

Attachments

• _DSC1289.jpg
    _DSC1289.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 374
What kit are you playing? I liked your solo, kinda jazzy, next time tell your lead guitarist to move his fat ass when you're soloing and look a bit more enthused.

What kit are you playing? I liked your solo, kinda jazzy, next time tell your lead guitarist to move his fat ass when you're soloing and look a bit more enthused.
Thank You! It wasn't my best solo effort, but I was having fun that night. I had had a bit more to drink than I normally do. (Quite a bit more!) I was playing my mid seventies Gretsch kit that I bought new. We all picked on Guy the guitar player for blocking my stage. I know that he was a bit intoxicated also. We weren't out to make a great video that eve. We were just having fun. Now that I have learned how to edit and post video, We will do a more serious video in the near future. When we began the evening the camera was set farther to the left so that all of us were in the shot. Some folks arrived and they started to dance. The camera was moved to let them have room.

A Hofner Violin bass...

Nice!

Glad to see that audio isn't going to waste too much. At least it's not all shoved into one side now!

Nice, Bob. I checked out Suzie Q and Little Wing.. liked the theme of your solo too. You guys have a nice vibe..except I'd never trust a bass player who plays with his thumb; )

Nice, Bob. I checked out Suzie Q and Little Wing.. liked the theme of your solo too. You guys have a nice vibe..except I'd never trust a bass player who plays with his thumb; )
Thanks aydee, I pick on Ron the bass player all the time about that. He will use his fingers for a while and then he goes right back to the thumb. We have fun! That's what counts. Guy, The guitar player learned how to play by ear in Vietnam. He has never taken a lesson. He does some unusual things also. I have never known anyone that forms chords quite the way that he does. I tried to teach him a count-in a few weeks ago. I played an eight beat fill to start a song and he never came in on 1 once! Oh Well! Guy is 59 years old and he doesn't count! That's all that there is to it. I cue him in with a look and my crash cymbal. Guy also likes his Budweiser by the thirty pack. Another old habit from Nam.
A few months ago Guy was driving us home after a gig. He was driving perfectly fine! I was a passenger and I was sober. I didn't notice anything! We were stopped at a DUI checkpoint. Guy blew twice the legal limit. As the cop was handcuffing him Guy said to the cop "I used to fly combat missions more messed up than this" Guy and the cop got to talking and it turns out that the cops older brother is a Vietnam vet also. The cop let us go as long as I drove. I always drive home from gigs now.

A Hofner Violin bass...

Nice!

Glad to see that audio isn't going to waste too much. At least it's not all shoved into one side now!
I couldn't have done it without ya!
I love the sound of that bass! Ron has two Hofner's. That is a new limited edition Hofner that Ron just bought. He plays the Hofner's because they are light in weight. Ron has shoulder problems and he can sling the Hofner's all night without pain.

Here is a tune that we just did with a full mic up in our home studio. It came out pretty good. We are getting the hang of home recording. I think that we should pan things a bit more. I feel that there is too much separation. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• mojo 1.mp3
    8.2 MB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Thanks aydee, I pick on Ron the bass player all the time about that. He will use his fingers for a while and then he goes right back to the thumb. We have fun! That's what counts. Guy, The guitar player learned how to play by ear in Vietnam. He has never taken a lesson. He does some unusual things also. I have never known anyone that forms chords quite the way that he does. I tried to teach him a count-in a few weeks ago. I played an eight beat fill to start a song and he never came in on 1 once! Oh Well! Guy is 59 years old and he doesn't count! That's all that there is to it. I cue him in with a look and my crash cymbal. Guy also likes his Budweiser by the thirty pack. Another old habit from Nam.
A few months ago Guy was driving us home after a gig. He was driving perfectly fine! I was a passenger and I was sober. I didn't notice anything! We were stopped at a DUI checkpoint. Guy blew twice the legal limit. As the cop was handcuffing him Guy said to the cop "I used to fly combat missions more messed up than this" Guy and the cop got to talking and it turns out that the cops older brother is a Vietnam vet also. The cop let us go as long as I drove. I always drive home from gigs now.

That Nam/cop story was so fun to read.
I listened to you song and it got my mood up by 130%, and checked
out some of your video´s, your sound is so right for the songs/music.

Thank you for this post. =)

Nice stuff, Bob. Good to see you guys out there making it happen.

wow I'm really diggin this!
I'm watching the first one that came up on the channel.
the band sounds really tight. wish I could see more of you though...

and that conga player is killing it!!

Wow Bob, nice stuff. I really like the shuffle on Roadhouse Blues, and Little Wing has a really nice feel. Very solid stuff.

Back