Soloing on the 4 pc...

crazy !
There is still this recording sound issue I've mentioned before... what is your recording setup ?

I'm pretty sure I watched this yesterday but opted to go play afterwards instead of commenting. ;)

Pretty boss, love the lighting too.

I'm pretty sure I watched this yesterday but opted to go play afterwards instead of commenting. ;)

Pretty boss, love the lighting too.

Hello Nickropolis..Thank you for taking the time to watch and thank you for the kind words too!! The light is one led r30 flood bulb directly overhead...it works pretty well..Thank you again

Nice nice NICE Kenny :) Loving the snares off vibe. Man, you can rip & shred with class. Superb!!!!!

Hello Andy...How are you my friend? I love the work you have been doing with Guru drums..they are amazing..loving some of the gig shots I have seen of the band..looks like you guys have been playing some big rooms. I have been trying to dial in my ride sound a little better...getting away from the dervish and headed more to a buttery feel with some low wash...probably a 21" as well...the Benny Greb sand ride is pretty interesting but a little to washy for me...along those lines though..I guess this is where Dominick earns his money..lol.. or maybe Andy for that matter...lol...Thank you for the great compliments my friend and I look forward to chatting with you soon..all the best and keep that brass shaking..

Hello Andy...How are you my friend? I love the work you have been doing with Guru drums..they are amazing..loving some of the gig shots I have seen of the band..looks like you guys have been playing some big rooms. I have been trying to dial in my ride sound a little better...getting away from the dervish and headed more to a buttery feel with some low wash...probably a 21" as well...the Benny Greb sand ride is pretty interesting but a little to washy for me...along those lines though..I guess this is where Dominick earns his money..lol.. or maybe Andy for that matter...lol...Thank you for the great compliments my friend and I look forward to chatting with you soon..all the best and keep that brass shaking..
Thanks Kenny. Yes, I've had some good gig fun this year, & the Amedias have performed faultlessly every time. I keep my set of Dervish for recording & drum demonstrations. I use a combo of Tigris, Galata, & Vigor for the live work. it's a combo with a lot of choices but still with a family feel.

Just by way of clarification, I still continue to work closely with Amedia, but the UK distribution situation has changed (it needed to). Amedia UK is now run by a great drummer I know well, Alex Lindley, so there's a new injection of life into the brand. We're also helping Alex & Amedia big time this year. All the new Origin series Guru kits will be equipped with Amedia cymbals at our launch at the London Drum Show next month. That launch will be the highest profile event in the exhibition, so Amedia will get a lot of free publicity by default. I still continue to be listed as an Amedia artist.

On the subject of rides, Alex is bringing some nice old school & jazz rides to the show. We have Michele Drees opening the launch for us, & she majors on jazz + latin, so some rides with a nice wash & low dynamic were essential. I'll be recording that, & I'll put it up on the forum for you to hear how those rides work out.

As you said, Dominick can work through that sound search with you. Please send him my fondest regards if you're speaking to him. I'm sure Alex will be happy to share pictures & video from the show on Dominick's Amedia USA site.

Good luck in everything you do Kenny. You're a credit to the drumming family :)

Your playing is great, Kenny. You don't need me to validate that for you! Really fantastic stuff - energy, dynamism, subtlety, tone and touch is all there. Love it.

Also looking forward to seeing those cymbals at the show Andy! I really liked the Amedias I played.

Thanks Kenny. Yes, I've had some good gig fun this year, & the Amedias have performed faultlessly every time. I keep my set of Dervish for recording & drum demonstrations. I use a combo of Tigris, Galata, & Vigor for the live work. it's a combo with a lot of choices but still with a family feel.

Just by way of clarification, I still continue to work closely with Amedia, but the UK distribution situation has changed (it needed to). Amedia UK is now run by a great drummer I know well, Alex Lindley, so there's a new injection of life into the brand. We're also helping Alex & Amedia big time this year. All the new Origin series Guru kits will be equipped with Amedia cymbals at our launch at the London Drum Show next month. That launch will be the highest profile event in the exhibition, so Amedia will get a lot of free publicity by default. I still continue to be listed as an Amedia artist.

On the subject of rides, Alex is bringing some nice old school & jazz rides to the show. We have Michele Drees opening the launch for us, & she majors on jazz + latin, so some rides with a nice wash & low dynamic were essential. I'll be recording that, & I'll put it up on the forum for you to hear how those rides work out.

As you said, Dominick can work through that sound search with you. Please send him my fondest regards if you're speaking to him. I'm sure Alex will be happy to share pictures & video from the show on Dominick's Amedia USA site.

Good luck in everything you do Kenny. You're a credit to the drumming family :)

Hey Andy...Always nice to hear from you..I am happy you are staying busy. The London show sounds like a blast and I wish you and Alex the best..You shouldnt have any problems with the Guru launch fitted with Amedias. It sounds like a great time! I will be talking with Dom soon on the ride subject and I will pass on your regards for sure. Thank you for the kind words too Andy..it is always appreciated and the best of luck with the show..I will be thinking of you...Talk to you soon my friend

Your playing is great, Kenny. You don't need me to validate that for you! Really fantastic stuff - energy, dynamism, subtlety, tone and touch is all there. Love it.

Also looking forward to seeing those cymbals at the show Andy! I really liked the Amedias I played.

Hello BacteriumFendYoke..Many thanks and thank you for taking the time to watch the vid..It is always appreciated for sure..oh, you are going to love those cymbals!! Andy, Alex, and everyone at Amedia will put it on for sure!! Thank you again!!

Back