So the kind of cymbal polish actually does matter at the end of the day?

C.M. Jones

You could have a set of drums and cymbals from a 1980 Kmart set. The only thing that matters is how you play. People are not looking at your cymbals they are listening to how you play.
No doubt, GOOSE72. But I like to look dashing and play even better. I want audiences to remark, "My word, that drummer possesses such control and feel, and his cymbals . . . have you ever seen such a resplendent glow from polished bronze? I certainly haven't. They resemble the eternal light of Heaven. What infinite beauty."

wraub

"Radiant in loveliness... like polished metal posed against the tarnished, reflecting their failed aspirations of resplendence while signalling their own position in every setting with apparent pride of their display...Also, shiny."

...or, maybe that's just my cymbals talking. Yours may vary.

:) :D :) :D

No doubt, GOOSE72. But I like to look dashing and play even better. I want audiences to remark, "My word, that drummer possesses such control and feel, and his cymbals . . . have you ever seen such a resplendent glow from polished bronze? I certainly haven't. They resemble the eternal light of Heaven. What infinite beauty."

GOOSE72

I have never heard a cheap set of K Mart cymbals. Are they better than I imagine?
Mr. Rider when you talk about what you imagine something sounds like how in the world do you think I have clue what that means to me? That is YOUR imagination. Not mine.

Yamaha Rider

Mr. Rider when you talk about what you imagine something sounds like how in the world do you think I have clue what that means to me? That is YOUR imagination. Not mine.
To clarify, Mr Goose - I imagine them to be Value Cymbals: affordable, smart and shiny, and sounding when played like a loose bullock in a trashcan factory. Am I getting warm?

P

Peedy

Mr. wraub Im not convinced you actually have Dogs.

The horrible, horrible truth MUST be told.

mraub doesn't have dogs. AND he doesn't have cats. mraub IS a cat! He fronts the death metal band ALL DOGS MUST DIE! He even has a 3000 dollar a day cat nip habit. He shoots that she-hat up every chance he gets. His mother and I have tried, oh god we've tried to get him help, but he never seems to listen. Prob gonna have to put him down.

CatDrummer.jpg

wraub

You don't understand , dad... I'm like Popeye with the groove, the catnip is my spinach...Don't be Bluto, man. You and mom are Bluto, always crashing my parade...besides, I can quit anytime...The real me is the me you don't see, you see..? You guys never had the vision of clarity...or, the clarity of vision...irregardless, all of those are what you'd need to truly see my musicality... with patience, you will come to understand. My powers are beyond your understanding...although, I'd like to keep them stored in the garage while I look for a place if that's okay.
Also... can I borrow 3000 dollars?

The horrible, horrible truth MUST be told.

mraub doesn't have dogs. AND he doesn't have cats. mraub IS a cat! He fronts the death metal band ALL DOGS MUST DIE! He even has a 3000 dollar a day cat nip habit. He shoots that she-hat up every chance he gets. His mother and I have tried, oh god we've tried to get him help, but he never seems to listen. Prob gonna have to put him down.

View attachment 93726

Last edited:
P

Peedy

You don't understand , dad... I'm like Popeye with the groove, the catnip is my spinach...Don't be Bluto, man. You and mom are Bluto, always crashing my parade...besides, I can quit anytime...The real me is the me you don't see, you see..? You guys never had the vision of clarity...or, the clarity of vision...irregardless, all of those are what you'd need to truly see my musicality... with patience, you will come to understand. My powers are beyond your understanding...although, I'd like to keep them stored in the garage while I look for a place if that's okay.
Also... can I borrow 3000 dollars?
I would son, I really really would. But when I asked your mother she turned around and gave you her answer. . .

Mama Speaks.jpg

Be safe. And stay away from those good for nothing feral losers. Good kitty. Good good kitty.

J-W

My first thought when I see super shiny cymbals, hardware and drum shells is "You don't play much do you?"
Interesting assumption. Mine is just the opposite; When I see filthy cymbals and dusty shells I just assume they don't play at all since their equipment has clearly been neglected.
I guess maybe that comes from mentors that have taught me to take pride in my craft and take care of the tools of my trade.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Interesting assumption. Mine is just the opposite; When I see filthy cymbals and dusty shells I just assume they don't play at all since their equipment has clearly been neglected.
I guess maybe that comes from mentors that have taught me to take pride in my craft and take care of the tools of my trade.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm talking about the overly obsessive. Polish on J-W

Lee-Bro

Do not confuse cymbal cleaner with cymbal polish. The two terms are interchanged but are different substances, designed for different purposes, and work differently.