So my Yamaha HH65 pedal got flooded...

Lee-Bro

Long story short: water in the basement from flash flood rain, Behringer powered speaker and Yamaha HH65 ended up in 6" water. Neither were plugged into anything, they just happened to be on the floor. The speaker I know how to fix, just buy a new amp module. My Yamaha pedal is another story. I've disassembled it and cleaned the circuit board and other components w/ isopropyl alcohol and q-tips. Unfortunately, it's still not working.

I'm thinking the HH65 is shot, but I'm open to ideas and suggestions on how to bring it back to life.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Got pictures of the guts? It's basically just a switch, test the circuits for continuity with a multimeter, and the switch/contact area. You will know for sure if it's dead, or what is dead and needs replacing.

Lee-Bro

Circling back on this to give an update: The pedal is working.

What I was doing wrong this whole time was using the wrong 1/4" cable. I completely forgot to use a TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve aka Stereo) cable and after the flood I just grabbed a TS (Tip Sleeve aka Mono) cable to test it. It wasn't until I opened my DTX Multi12 manual to read up again on how to connect an HH65 that I noticed the diagram showing the TRS cable. D'OH! So here I am 4 months later finally able to use it again.