So my paiste signature crash just cracked...help picking a new crash!!

drums32

Hey guys, my 18" paiste signature fast crash just cracked about a week ago, im going to try to drill it to prevent spreading but im looking for a new crash. I just got back from guitarcenter setting my eyes on a sabian aaxplosion 18 inch crash, i then realized after i hit it i want something with more of a quicker attack and decay. I then found an aaxplosion 18" fast crash and a zildjian a custom 18" crash. Its down to those two. The zildjian sounds more brighter and musical but the aaxplosion fast crash sounds powerful and explosive. I need your opinion, i currently have an a custom ride 20", 16" hhx evolution crash, 12" hhx evolution splash, and xs20 hats which im definetly going to upgrade also. let me know what u think! thanks!

S

sticks4drums

Well I have the 16, 17, and 18" Sabian Fast Crash, and they are great cymbals. It is not meant to be beaten to death though. It will end up like your other cymbal. I do not like the regular x-plosion's as much. Being at Gavin Harrison's clinic last week reaffirmed to my why I don't like Ziidjian's. They are sounding more and more like Paiste's. Very manufactured.

drums32

Well I have the 16, 17, and 18" Sabian Fast Crash, and they are great cymbals. It is not meant to be beaten to death though. It will end up like your other cymbal. I do not like the regular x-plosion's as much. Being at Gavin Harrison's clinic last week reaffirmed to my why I don't like Ziidjian's. They are sounding more and more like Paiste's. Very manufactured.

Yea the regular xplosions dont open up as easy so im not a big fan either. I bought my paiste signature fast crash over 2 years ago used from guitarcenter so i dont know how the previous owner used to play it but i would hit my cymbal hard somtimes but i never go straight into it i try to use technique. To me the zildjian a custom crash didnt feel too much thicker than the aaxplosion fast crash though.

dwdrummerky

Not sure what to think about that statement.

I would check out some Signature full/power crashes, Twenty Crashes, and Zildjian A Custom Projection Crashes.