So I'm finally gonna try this....

M

Matt Bo Eder

14x18 DW VLX (or is it VLT) sounds way more powerful than most other 16x22 inch drums I've heard and is playable my short folm. Shells have come a long way, don't settle for old technology and suffer by carrying oversized drums around.
You don't get it. Small drums are for sissies.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Epic snare detune from 1:20 - 1:50!

I've never had the need to try this setup, but it certainly looks like a practical solution for drums above a certain size.
It's like those DW snares don't hold their tuning very well ;)

T_Weaves

Silver Member
With all due respect, I think you're chasing your tail with those big toms. I had a power tom thermogloss kit and I get lower tones from my Tama B/B's. That said, I think you like tinker with stuff so go crazy !! :)

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
With all due respect, I think you're chasing your tail with those big toms. I had a power tom thermogloss kit and I get lower tones from my Tama B/B's. That said, I think you like tinker with stuff so go crazy !! :)
He tried the B/B thing. And just the B thing. We just have to let him Bo out.
I am the exact same way btw.

M

Matt Bo Eder

He tried the B/B thing. And just the B thing. We just have to let him Bo out.
I am the exact same way btw.
Well, Mr. Weaves hasn't been here that long, so I'll assume he doesn't know I've pretty much played every brand and size out there. So I'm not speaking from inexperience. There are actually a lot of guys here with way more gear than I have too.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Well, Mr. Weaves hasn't been here that long, so I'll assume he doesn't know I've pretty much played every brand and size out there. So I'm not speaking from inexperience. There are actually a lot of guys here with way more gear than I have too.
I'm one of them. That's why I agree with the "it doesn't matter what I play, I sound like me" philosophy. All the gear I have is for ME. I could pick out any kit from the collection, and do 98.4% [citation needed] of my gigs, probably. There are occasions however, usually unmicd, when i feel like I have to bring out a kit with a certain vibe.

G

Ghostnote

Epic snare detune from 1:20 - 1:50!

I've never had the need to try this setup, but it certainly looks like a practical solution for drums above a certain size.
I hit as hard as Abe in that clip at times (and tune my snare as low) and that used to happen to me chronically until I started locking in my tension rods with 12-24 nuts. Even LogLocks wouldn't work.

T_Weaves

Silver Member
I had no idea how much I didn't know ! :)