So I Made 8 Drum Covers Today ( they are good quality)

Well done mate :)

I watched "2nd to none" and "shut up", your drumming is pretty tight and you're a mature player. If you really did want criticism then I'd point out two small things: you use your wrists a little too much where you could be using your fingers (e.g fast snare rolls and using ride cymbal) and you should also try using the glancing approach to hitting your crashes... but like I said, well done, you're ready for more complicated things.

Thanks. Yeah i know.....the whole cymbal thing is hard for me. I've practicly mangled the hell out of my 2oo2 20 medium crash due to not playing right......a very costly mistake. And I'm very bad at rudiments so that's why my rolls are ehhhhh. I need to hit up the practice pad.

Good work!
I would say that you should focus on timing. Your grooves were generally pretty good timing-wise, but every now and then you seemed to speed up / slow down because of a small fill-thingy, or whatever it's called, hehe!
I'm saying this because I believe you're mature enough to understand and work on these things. I usually don't give feedback to people posting videos, because they're generally looking for the pat on the back and the "great drumming" comment.
In addition to the timing aspect, you have technique. You should work on that as well, and be very hard on yourself when it comes to timing while you practise technique.
I find that when I work really hard on technique (rudiments etc.), while focusing a lot on timing while I do so, I feel more comfortable behind the drumkit playing a simple pop-groove. That's because all the stuff you're playing is generally what you've been practising a lot on the pad (singles, doubles), and you've worked hard on keeping that in time.

You're musical, and have great potential!
Keep up the good work, and keep us updated!

Yours sincerely,
Zorlee

Good playing. I agree with the others. You seem a tad pit tense while playing. You use a lot of arm and wrist, when you could be using some finger action.

are you a lefty? I noticed you always hit the crash with your left hand. Personally, i find that soooo hard to do, i have no idea why.

Good playing. I agree with the others. You seem a tad pit tense while playing. You use a lot of arm and wrist, when you could be using some finger action.

are you a lefty? I noticed you always hit the crash with your left hand. Personally, i find that soooo hard to do, i have no idea why.

yeah im a lefty............

Nice. You have natural ability. I agree that you look a bit tense while playing but your drumming is spot on which I assume is what you were looking to achieve. I was a little stunned to see the "Your All I Need" cover. That's a song that people don't do much these days. I used to cover that song back in the 80's. :)

I have one question... have you tried an open handed style? Since you're a lefty it might open up your drumming to more creativity in your covers.

I really enjoyed watching your covers. Keep up the great work buddy!

Nice. You have natural ability. I agree that you look a bit tense while playing but your drumming is spot on which I assume is what you were looking to achieve. I was a little stunned to see the "Your All I Need" cover. That's a song that people don't do much these days. I used to cover that song back in the 80's. :)

I have one question... have you tried an open handed style? Since you're a lefty it might open up your drumming to more creativity in your covers.

I really enjoyed watching your covers. Keep up the great work buddy!

thanks! You wanna see any more crue covers? Yeah....um ive messed around w open handed but i cant get my right hand to do the flams

Back