So I got a DW9000 single pedal

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Something seriously weirds me out about 9000s. I'm a 5000 guy through and through. The 9 seems "too" smooth somehow and like there's not enough weight behind something to feel right to my foot.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Something seriously weirds me out about 9000s. I'm a 5000 guy through and through. The 9 seems "too" smooth somehow and like there's not enough weight behind something to feel right to my foot.
That’s weird because I like the “smooth” feel under my foot. I think with the 5000, my foot sunk into the plate past the raised lettering, which I can feel through a pair of Vans tennis shoes, and I guess I never did like it after all these years and now on the alternative. The plate feels solid under my foot now.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
That’s weird because I like the “smooth” feel under my foot. I think with the 5000, my foot sunk into the plate past the raised lettering, which I can feel through a pair of Vans tennis shoes, and I guess I never did like it after all these years and now on the alternative. The plate feels solid under my foot now.
I actually just meant the operation of the "swing", now that you mention it though I do like the grip of the 5000 foot board too.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I like the 9000. I like the 5000 just as much. It feels lighter, where the 9000 feels smoother to me. Both work fine for me. I don't like the meat tenderizer heel plate on the 5000. I play in socks and I came down hard on my heel on the last note of a song once. That hurt for weeks. I put a piece of leather over it and made sure I never came down hard on my heel after that.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Haha! What were they thinking? How is that rough surface of use to anyone?
It came from the original Camco pedal, where drummers would show up to gigs in tuxes or at a minimum dress shoes. I play in bare feet at home and smooth soled shoes on gigs, so the cheese grater heel plate is either tearing up mu heels or keeping my feet from sliding when I want them to. I actually like the feel of the 5000, but that heel plate is a no go.