Snare tuning Question

Daphfz

I want to get a good snare sound(like Nicholas Barker/Jason Bittner), but i cannot achieve it with my snare, its a conqueror free floating snare(made in japan), i'd never heard of them until i bought it on ebay. There is a Pearl skin on the snare side(guessing its a stock) and a Evans Genera Dry skin on the batter, could it be the skins that stop me from getting a nice quality snare sound or could it be the snare itself?

If you want to know the pitch/tone of the snare i want look up nicholas barker or jason bittner on youtube n watch some vids.

Attachments

drumtechdad

Gold Member
You want help tuning your snare drum, don't tell folks to "look up" clips, post them yourself.

Get rid of the stock reso. Get a hazy snare-side Ambassador or a hazy 300.

Beyond that, post some clips or describe the sound you want. Bearing in mind, of course, that recordings of drums never sound anything like actual drums.

timmdrum

Silver Member
I want to get a good snare sound(like Nicholas Barker/Jason Bittner), but i cannot achieve it with my snare, its a conqueror free floating snare(made in japan), i'd never heard of them until i bought it on ebay.
What's "free floating" about this snare?

N

nhzoso