Snare stands w/ 16" basket

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
Well, it's been a very long time since I've posted here....very.

I recently purchased a new snare that has walnut wood hoops that are 16" OD. The only stands that look like they'll accept a 16" diameter rim is the DW 9000 (9300?) and the Pearl S1030. Most research gens a bit of fluff about the plastic adjustment lever on the DW stripping after a while.

Experiences?

Seems no Gibraltar of Mapex description show the basket stats...

Thanks.

Andy

Last edited:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Yep, the Atlas Pro (w/Pillar Clutch) handles that and is a very solid stand. I use it on tour and the snare and stand don't budge. Street price is $160-170.

Bermuda

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
Yep, the Atlas Pro (w/Pillar Clutch) handles that and is a very solid stand. I use it on tour and the snare and stand don't budge. Street price is $160-170.

Bermuda
Thanks B. I actually found a Pearl S1030 in the box and got it for $100 w/ free shipping. Super solid and no plastic handles...lol. I'd have looked for the Atlas, but this popped up first. No touring here so this will do just fine.

Thanks!

Road Bull

Silver Member
Thanks B. I actually found a Pearl S1030 in the box and got it for $100 w/ free shipping. Super solid and no plastic handles...lol. I'd have looked for the Atlas, but this popped up first. No touring here so this will do just fine.

Thanks!
You'll dig it. I have one and it is really nice and solid.

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
It showed up. Yeah...super solid. A little taller than I expected. Once I got the basket level right, it was fine. The drum I'm putting on it has a 7.5" shell with walnut rims so it's a touch taller but perfectly fine.

Nate'sKit

It showed up. Yeah...super solid. A little taller than I expected. Once I got the basket level right, it was fine. The drum I'm putting on it has a 7.5" shell with walnut rims so it's a touch taller but perfectly fine.
Let me pile in here if you don't mind.

What about a stand for a 12X15 marching snare that would put the head at about 25.5" (a bit higher would be fine) from the floor?

If I could find a used one that would do the 15" I could see how a hacksaw and some cleaning up might get me there. It doesn't look like my current one will do the diameter and don't want to mess with the sentimental value.