snare info

robyn64

does any one know what kind of snare this is? i do have the other rim and bolts for it but am using it for the bottom for my floor tom for now. the snare has no name plate and doesn't appear to ever had one. only markings is on the snare hardware, made in japan.
just curious what it may be.

snare 1.jpg

snare 2.jpg

snare 3.jpg

Drumolator

Platinum Member
It looks like a 70s cheapo. I have never before seen a Remo CS head as a snare reasonant head. Peace and goodwill.

robyn64

It looks like a 70s cheapo. I have never before seen a Remo CS head as a snare reasonant head. Peace and goodwill.
i kinda figured it was a cheapo, mainly was just curious if it had a name. as far as the remo, it was on my camco snare and had notice there was a clear remo ambassider snare batter head on this snare so switched them around, what an improvement it made on my camco. sounds pretty sweet now. i just put the cs on this snare thinking it would kinda protect the strainer incase i may need to use it. basicly been using this snare for parts. thats kinda why i was curious bout it, i didn't want to be parting out something that may be of some value.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Yep.....Asian firewood,or MIJ.That dosen't mean that it can't sound good though.With decent heads and tuning,they actually sound decent.Tama and Pearl made the great majority of those drums,before they started making pro level drums,and re-set the world standard.So,clean,re-head,tune and enjoy.:)

Steve B

robyn64

Yep.....Asian firewood,or MIJ.That dosen't mean that it can't sound good though.With decent heads and tuning,they actually sound decent.Tama and Pearl made the great majority of those drums,before they started making pro level drums,and re-set the world standard.So,clean,re-head,tune and enjoy.:)

Steve B
thanks Steve, yep won't hurt to keep it around just in case ;)