Snare Drums - A/B Comparison

longgun

Gold Member
Wow!

That was really cool.

I'd like to put in a request though. Could you play them with snares disengaged also? Its nice to hear drums both ways!

Looking forward to the next installment.

Oh, some nice gear there too!

Thanks.

Thanks for the comments johnny.......actually thought about playing with the snares off...next time I will. Hopefully this weekend

Sorry to sound wishy-washy, but I liked them all. lol

to add: that custom drum had a very interesting tone. I'll bet it records nicely.

Thanks.they all sound good to me....sometimes I'll switch them out between sets just because I can't decide which one is better...a good dilemma to have

Haven't recorded the BE snare yet..just got it a few weeks ago...going to change the head out soon and then I'll give it a shot

mikeo

enjoyable video... i have to say it is awful hard to beat a supraphonic.. there's just something about that pop....but i think that black magic snare was in second... i remember when i was listening to some different snares when i was shopping for my first snare drum... there was a 68 supra that i had someone play along with some others, including another aluminum snare by another brand... that unique pop stood out to me, so that's my snare

longgun

Gold Member
enjoyable video... i have to say it is awful hard to beat a supraphonic.. there's just something about that pop....but i think that black magic snare was in second... i remember when i was listening to some different snares when i was shopping for my first snare drum... there was a 68 supra that i had someone play along with some others, including another aluminum snare by another brand... that unique pop stood out to me, so that's my snare

Thanks for the comments......yep, the supra is a classic.....I like all my snares, but if I could only hold on to one, it would most likely be the supra......glad I don't have to choose

BTW, picked that supra up off a DW member about 6 months ago......it was a great pickup.....ever since I was a teenager, I've wanted a Supra....now I've got one......lovin' it.

just re-recorded the A/B comparison video....here it is

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1024411#post1024411