Snare Drum storage / furniture ideas

Nealio1987

Hi all

Hope all is well !!

I have recently been thinking about the way I store my snare drums , I have a collection of 5 atm which I treasure , I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on drum cabinets or any storage ideas you have as they just sit on the floor in there cases atm ....Kinda stupid question but I thought I would put it out there..

Kindest Regards

NEALIOS

TNA

I guess you could make them into maybe like a shelf sorta deal, or possibly hang them on the wall. But I think it might be hard trying to make something out of them without ruining them.

longgun

Gold Member
I looked around for quite awhile.............there are several snare "display" stands, but they cost a ton.

My son broke a door off his cabinet........I was about to throw it out, and my wife said.......why don't you turn it on it's side and use it for your drum stuff..........works great and didn't cost a thing. The cabinet was a 99 dollar cheapo from Ikea about six years ago........glad I didn't throw it out.

Not great pics, but you'll get the idea

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Although not just for snares, adjustable shelving tends to be the most versatile.

:)

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Wow Bermuda, I recall you mentioned you had a few kits, but that is a big few!
That's an old pic (from last year!), there are more shelves & kits & snares in there now.

And that doesn't include the 5 kits I have parked in other places, the 4 kits I keep at home, or my touring kit. :)

Bermuda

HMNY

Silver Member
You probably need a warehouseman to look after all that gear, where should I send my application!

Skulmoski

Gold Member
That's an old pic (from last year!), there are more shelves & kits & snares in there now.

And that doesn't include the 5 kits I have parked in other places, the 4 kits I keep at home, or my touring kit. :)

Bermuda
Nor your cymbal collection! I hear you have a healthy selection.

GJS

dmacc_2

I built a stand out of 2x4's and plywood which cost me about $60.00

It holds all of my gear not setup. Then again I probably don't have as much stuff as many of you do.