SMOKIN

very cool bro,

liked the dbl bass triplets in there - that song screams for double bass triplets!!!
tight band - great vocalist.

Good job and congrats on landing the gin blossoms gig!

Dude!

Hot Dog YesDog your band sounds smokin!! :)
From the opening tone of the guitar to the strength of the vocal to the relentless driving beat. You even have the keyboard happening. You guys really captured the sound and vibe. You executed your fills just beautiful man, and there's a lot of little ones sprinkled throughout. Plus the tempo was dead on, that is so important. Great meter. Can't say enough. Everybody played their part beautifully and it all blended just right.

Sounded terrific Scott! How long did you play for? Did you get to do anything onstage w/ The Gin Blossoms?

Any cool stories that went along with the gig? You opened for a major act, dude you have to spill some stuff. Did you hang w/ them? How did they treat you?

I'd love to hear more songs, post away. In fact post everything you have from that show. You're one of those players who keeps improving, improving and improving.

Did you post more yet? We're waiting lol...

We pissed off the Gin Blossoms crue. We were suppost to play from 5 to 6:15. We played to 7pm as per request of the crowd and the mayer of town we played in. Towards the end the last four or five songs the sound guys finally turned on the goodies ie reverb compression and such. The road crew was all cranked because they had to work fast to do a quick turn around. one of the roadies kicked my drum rug off of the side of the stage and was kicking water bottles and stuff like that. As I was off loading my gear that same roadie started to grab one of my cymbal stands,I said you touch that we are going to have some issues. What a dick. We did not meet the band, They looked bored. every song was the same tempo. The Drummer was rock solid though. It was a great time I will send more mp3s when I get them mixed. I will have video footage as well.

Dude!

Hot Dog YesDog your band sounds smokin!! :)
From the opening tone of the guitar to the strength of the vocal to the relentless driving beat. You even have the keyboard happening. You guys really captured the sound and vibe. You executed your fills just beautiful man, and there's a lot of little ones sprinkled throughout. Plus the tempo was dead on, that is so important. Great meter. Can't say enough. Everybody played their part beautifully and it all blended just right.

Sounded terrific Scott! How long did you play for? Did you get to do anything onstage w/ The Gin Blossoms?

Any cool stories that went along with the gig? You opened for a major act, dude you have to spill some stuff. Did you hang w/ them? How did they treat you?

I'd love to hear more songs, post away. In fact post everything you have from that show. You're one of those players who keeps improving, improving and improving.

Did you post more yet? We're waiting lol...

Larry, Look for a thread called Train Train. Thats another from the show

We pissed off the Gin Blossoms crue. We were suppost to play from 5 to 6:15. We played to 7pm as per request of the crowd and the mayer of town we played in. Towards the end the last four or five songs the sound guys finally turned on the goodies ie reverb compression and such. The road crew was all cranked because they had to work fast to do a quick turn around. one of the roadies kicked my drum rug off of the side of the stage and was kicking water bottles and stuff like that. As I was off loading my gear that same roadie started to grab one of my cymbal stands,I said you touch that we are going to have some issues. What a dick. We did not meet the band, They looked bored. every song was the same tempo. The Drummer was rock solid though. It was a great time I will send more mp3s when I get them mixed. I will have video footage as well.

Hey Doggie, great tale and the band was rocking. It seemed like as the song progressed the band settled more and more into the groove.

Back