Small Mixer

TheDrumster

Any suggestions on a reasonably priced 4, 6 or 8 channel mixer that has at least 4 XLR's and insert points for each (so I can run compression on each of the 4 channel's individually)?

Thanks!

M

Matt Bo Eder

Without stating your budget, I think the Mackie 1202 is your only choice if you're specifically looking for inserts on 4 channels with XLRs. However, you could find a bigger used Yamaha O1v used (the older silver one) for probably less than the Mackie with four compressors. You'd get 12 XLR inputs and effects and compression are built-in. I see several for sale in the $400-450 range on EBay. I'd go that way if I had my choice.

TheDrumster

Without stating your budget, I think the Mackie 1202 is your only choice if you're specifically looking for inserts on 4 channels with XLRs. However, you could find a bigger used Yamaha O1v used (the older silver one) for probably less than the Mackie with four compressors. You'd get 12 XLR inputs and effects and compression are built-in. I see several for sale in the $400-450 range on EBay. I'd go that way if I had my choice.
Thanks for the input.

Has anyone heard about the Behringer XR12 digital mixer? It seems to have alot of functionality and advantages....

OldDrummer62

I've owned both Mackie and Behringer mixers 24X8 1640i and most of the Behringer line. I think you would be happy with either. For just a little bit more than the small Mackie you can get the Behringer Xenyx X2442 USB with compression, effects and inserts if you want them plus 10 XLR channels. Buy it from Someone like Sweetwater Sound and get a 2 yr warranty with it. I currently have a Presonus 24 digital, but I only use it in my home studio. Digital mixers are great, but for live situations I prefer analog because you can make adjustments "on the fly" faster.