small footprint e-kit

davor

does anyone know what the smallest footprint e-kit is? I currently use a TD9, but might be moving soon and space me be even more of an issue than previously

DTX Multi12 + kick controller/pad + hat controller. Add optional snare etc. (pic is not mine!)

1605532592283.png

All ekits on racks / stands are as big or small as you want to make them, by playing around with tube sizes etc. There's no limits on size. I had one setup I used to use with everything on a single Premier Trilok tom stand.

1605532491098.png

I'm sure you can re-config your TD-9 to be smaller in many ways :)

Last edited:
The Zen drum is even a smaller footprint.

I have an Alesis Strike Multipad. With 25gb of user storage, you can pretty much sample all kinds of acoustic drums into it to make a small and compact setup!

Thanks for the replies. So this is interesting, I could change the rack of my td9 (in some way, maybe shorter tubes?) and lose a cymbal and one or two tom pads

Speaking of Kat, I've played a few coffee shop type gigs with these.

drumkat_turbo01_qjw1-wd.jpg
kickkat.jpg
fatkat.jpg
58d5856c4ff1c_Yamaha_RY30_Rhythm_Programmer(1).jpg.00d34c39da9c6d8ff8d0553b1dd40941.jpg

And still have them.

Used to use my TrapKat a lot.

Too unreliable now - need major overhaul.

Thanks for the replies. So this is interesting, I could change the rack of my td9 (in some way, maybe shorter tubes?) and lose a cymbal and one or two tom pads

Of course.

The smallest footprint e-kit in the world is my custom one - mounted on a single mic stand - eleven playing surfaces plus two pedals! Commercially, though, it has to be the NUX DM-1 - find it on YouTube.

Back