Slow, intermediate songs to learn?

CavemanZipper

Hey guys!

So, I need some drumming expert's help with choosing a few songs for me to try and learn.

I have developed some pretty bad habits with my metal drumming and now i'm trying to go back to more basic and slow beats to prove to myself I can play both slow and fast songs :)

So if you would be so kind, I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me some help with songs that run along these lines...:

1) I'm No Superman by Lazlo Bane

2) All Kinds of Time by Fountains of Wayne

3) Aeroplane by Tal Bachman

You get the idea :p
Anyway, thanks for any help, fellas!

P.S- I don't want songs with beats that are "too" simple like many AC/DC songs, etc.
I want something with some slightly more advanced techniques like ghost notes and half-open hi-hat stuff but not so advanced as to have crazy tom fills everywhere.

Xero Talent

Silver Member
Learn every song from Led Zeppelin I, II, IV and Houses of the Holy... and expose yourself to one of the best rock drummers ever to walk the planet.

beastdrummagirl

When The Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
I Cant Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt
The Chain/Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac
One Good Man- Janis Joplin
You Won't Be Mine - Matchbox Twenty
Black Hole Sun - Sound Garden
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman version
Space Oddity- David Bowie
Candle In The Wind - Elton John

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Ziggy Stardust by Bowie
Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum
Optimistic by Radiohead

Sorry don't know any of the bands you mentioned.

PeteN

Silver Member
Hoobastank - Running Away
Fuel - Hemorrhage
Metallica- For Whom The Bells Toll
Dave Matthews Band - satellite

EvilDrummer

Take a look at Rage Against the machine. Really nice grooves, pretty simple to learn but hard to master/get the right feel.

Bulls on parade is a good one to start with. There is a drumless version on youtube but make sure you play to the track with drums as well and really nail every note without flams between you and the drum recording.