Slingerlands completed!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
New thread now the drums are completed:

Slingerlands from the late 70s: black chrome finish 8x12/16x16/14x22. New hoops, all new tension rods. Repaired lifted seam on floor Tom, new heads (Evans UV2/G1 on toms, EQ4/chrome on BD). Edges got a light sanding, metal finish was chrome polished and buffed out. They actually sound really good in the mid-upper range.

Finally - a kit with a wrap that I wouldn't be afraid to leave out in the hot summer sun!

Attachments

• slingys-set-up-front.jpg
    slingys-set-up-front.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 90
  • kit-frnt-RH.jpg
    kit-frnt-RH.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 89
  • kit-from-back.jpg
    kit-from-back.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 89
  • bd-and-rack-tom.jpg
    bd-and-rack-tom.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 85
  • floor-tom-mend.jpg
    floor-tom-mend.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 81
  • floor-tom-tone-control.jpg
    floor-tom-tone-control.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 81
  • ft-and-bd.jpg
    ft-and-bd.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 77
  • rack-tom.jpg
    rack-tom.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 72
Nice!

Job well done. Those look killer !!!

Awesome, I'm always impressed on how drums from 40/50 + years old stand way better than keys with the same age...or keys I tried to buy were poorly maintained and the drums I see on forum have nothing to do with what you could find before the renovations... Yeah, maybe, my D50 Looks like new....Anyway, black like this is always very classy, good job on it!!!

Beautiful! Don’t leave them out in the sun anywhere in Texas because they would be too hot to touch :)

Back in my youth - many decades ago in the early 70s - I had a “bottom of the line” Slingerland set that if I remember correctly, my mom ordered from the Sears catalog! They weighed a ton but never showed evidence of being played hard; they were built like a rock! Years later when my mom sold the set (I had been out of drumming for many years and the set was just sitting in my bedroom), she got more for them than she paid.

Of course you know how many bad ass players laid it down on slingerland. Think about where that kit sat brand new while someone looked in the window thinking I've GOT to have that slingerland kit...the hands that assembled it at the factory and how all of its history filtered down to you showing it here. The look of slingerland lugs take me on a good..very good trip. You breathed new life into a kit that God only knows how many lonely nights it sat boundless hoping for an owner. Awesome #&!%!! Kit

Beautiful - I really like my Slingerlands and I know you will too.

My first decent drums were Slingerlands, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. Enjoy those nice musical instruments. Peace and goodwill.

They look great! How do you like the UV2s? I’m mildly interested in trying them myself, but currently have a fresh set of Pinstripes on my DWs.

It looks like Deja Vu. It so looks so much like another kit he has refurbished?? But there are so many. It does look great-as all the kits you've done. What happens next with it? It's got a new lease on life-like a cat with nine lives. So you going to keep it or find it a good home?

Goddamn, those look good!
I herby knight thee "Drumsmith". ❤ ?

It looks like Deja Vu. It so looks so much like another kit he has refurbished?? But there are so many. It does look great-as all the kits you've done. What happens next with it? It's got a new lease on life-like a cat with nine lives. So you going to keep it or find it a good home?
The family would like to see them in-person and probably even played. So I may keep these for a time. But it is like being 10 again. I’m enjoying playing them for a bit each day.

Back