Slingerland Price Check!

KOREAN ZOMBIE

Hey guys, I'm just trying to get a rough estimate on the price of my kit. Please note: I took a picture of a picture in all of these pics (couldn't find usb) so they came out a little blurry + the room I was in is a kind of storage room so I barely had any space to take any ''good pics'' but these should give you a ''rough draft'' of what I have.

And if you don't know 100% please feel free to give your thoughts on ''what you would pay for it if you had to buy them'' type deal. So here are the pics..

UPDATE: THE PHOTOS ARE IN THIS ALBUM!!! Thanks for your patience ;)

ALBUM: http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s366/KOREANZOMBIE/

Last edited:
Looks like you're trying to use links to something inside an email... that's all secure stuff and Google would never let that happen for security reasons.

Upload the pictures elsewhere, either on some image hosting website like Photobucket or use a client like Dropbox in a Public folder in which you can use tags (or click the little button that looks like:

[IMG]http://drummerworld.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif

and paste the URLs for each image into it (one at a time), it'll do the same thing.

This one sold for $1,650 US, but it was from the Vintage Drum Center which most likely certifies authenticity and checks the drums for quality.

http://www.vintagedrum.com/item/Slingerland-7-Piece-Drum-Set-Early-1970s-Black-Chrome-vintage

Jeff

Very nice.. mine were originally from ''drum world'' They haven't even been cleaned or w/e in years .. It's basically just gathering dust.. what do you think I, personally, could get for them?

And yea, I don't know what to expect in terms of value.. I wasn't going to ask $1,650 either way. lol

Thanks for the response!

Those go for about $1000 to $1200 in my neck of the woods. But the bass drum can't have much resonance with all that foam in it! Wow.

Those go for about $1000 to $1200 in my neck of the woods. But the bass drum can't have much resonance with all that foam in it! Wow.

Yea, I was wondering why the foam was in it. (I know nothing about drums) what is it there for? Should I take it out or does it need it? A little confused about that.

Side information: Now take note, I'm not going to factor this into price whatsoever but apparently (the guy that his was bought from) said that at one point or another that this drumset was used by ''The Who'' I believe he said .. as a test set (I'm guessing) or something like that.

Not that it matters much, and I have no proof of this whatsoever.. but would be neat if true ;)

70's Niles era Slingerlands go for around 750.The photos are pretty bad,and I don't recognise that tom holder.Was it changes from the set-o-matic?If so,you can expect to get less if the set isn't in original condition.

I highly doubt Keith Moon of the Who played those drums,as he was a double bass player and Priemer endorser in the late 60's and 70's.He did rent a Slingerland double bass kit on one of the Who's late 60's tours.

Even if that piece of info about was true,you would need some form of provenance to back it up.

Steve B

70's Niles era Slingerlands go for around 750.The photos are pretty bad,and I don't recognise that tom holder.Was it changes from the set-o-matic?If so,you can expect to get less if the set isn't in original condition.

I highly doubt Keith Moon of the Who played those drums,as he was a double bass player and Priemer endorser in the late 60's and 70's.He did rent a Slingerland double bass kit on one of the Who's late 60's tours.

Even if that piece of info about was true,you would need some form of provenance to back it up.

Steve B

Thanks for the info! And I was just telling you what I heard, I didn't claim it to be true! I have no clue if it's true or not and doubt it is. But anyway, I have no idea if any of it was replaced I literally know nothing about drums whatsoever. Got any tips on how I can tell?

Back