Slingerland COB TDR snare!

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
When I was part of the Anaheim Kingsmen Reunion corps for the 2007 DCI season, I wanted to march the smallest tympani (there were five marching tymps). And after one day of rehearsing with those guys, my chiropractor asked me what I did to my back. I told him, and he said, "oh no you're not". I was 41 then.

I suspect similar conversations have been had after a LOT of corps reunions.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
True for the drummers. But what was cooler for some horn players were some folks getting to lighten up on their medications. Because they were exercising so much. And one guy started with walking problems in a wheel chair, and he ended up marching the show when we got to 2007 unaided.

pgm554

Platinum Member
Marching back in the day caused a pinched nerve in my left shoulder from wearing a drum sling and marching many miles over so many years.
I remember adjusting my sling many times over a a 2 or 3 mile parade.
You march hundreds if not thousands of parades and band practices over the years and it takes a toll.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Marching back in the day caused a pinched nerve in my left shoulder from wearing a drum sling and marching many miles over so many years.
I remember adjusting my sling many times over a a 2 or 3 mile parade.
You march hundreds if not thousands of parades and band practices over the years and it takes a toll.

I really hated the snare carriers we used in high school. Took me most of my sophomore year to get used to them.