Sleishman Total Suspension System Drums

marcusvee

Independently Owned and Operated Sleishman Drums USA is clearing Omega Series for
$1099.00 for a five piece kit. Sleishman Twin Pedals are reduced from $839.00 to $249.00

Call Marcus ~ 323 652-2544 in Los Angeles

Last edited:
How susceptible are the tube lugs to bending? On Pearl's 8" Free Floater snare's, bending of the tubes was an issue.
It would seem Sleishman's long lug tubes could easily get bent in a drum bag.

Does Sleishman sell just the hardware ( would they consider it), so drummers could insert their own shells?

What's the bearing edge profile in degrees? The web site treats it like a guarded secret.

What's the major difference between Sleishman's 'free floating design' and MyMi's? http://www.mymidrum.com/about.htm

What is the minimum and maximum distance the 'foot boards' of the Sleishman double pedal can measure from center to center?

I acquired a Sleishman stave snare in 'iron bark' and am pretty blown away. The craftsmanship is killer and the voicing is very distinctive. I rotate it in and out with my Yammie CMA 7X14 snare (which is tuned low and a bit 'soft spoken') in my CMA kit when I want something that absolutely cuts through the mix. It took a bit of getting used too but I am very happy with this snare's place in my arsenal of snares. Very much an eye-catcher as well.

Marcusvee, could you post pics of this suspension system? I am very interested.

yes pics would be very cool

I personally, don't necessarily see the advantages in having an isolated drum system like Sleishman, in order to get more sustain out of a drum. In my opinion and taste, too much sustain can be very annoying and it can interfere with the sound of the next drum you hit because theyre both ringing at the same time with the frequencies interfering with each other. What I want in a drum kit is simply a big powerful sound. Besides all that, who on earth is going to hear the so called advantage of Sleishman shells through a wall of blasting guitars? It just all seems like marketing nonsense to me

Great drums, and Australian!

The best sounding kit I've ever had to pleasure to play/hear in person (not mic'd or through a pa) was a Sleishman. Made the DW Collectors and Starclassic maple next to it sound flat and thin. The tone on the Sleishman was just so rich and full... incredible.

They are definately awesome drums but i'm just not convinced with the supension system. I actually saw the screaming jets play the other night, their drummer Mickl Sayers plays a sleishman, it looked really sleek, it was a green fade gloss finish, but i obviously couldn't get a good idea of the real sound of it through the rest of the band

I personally, don't necessarily see the advantages in having an isolated drum system like Sleishman, in order to get more sustain out of a drum. In my opinion and taste, too much sustain can be very annoying and it can interfere with the sound of the next drum you hit because theyre both ringing at the same time with the frequencies interfering with each other. What I want in a drum kit is simply a big powerful sound. Besides all that, who on earth is going to hear the so called advantage of Sleishman shells through a wall of blasting guitars? It just all seems like marketing nonsense to me

Okay the drums exist, and the suspension system is real, not "marketing nonsense".

As for sustain, some people actually like that, if it gets out of hand, tune the drum the way you want it and add muffling (how much they use gaffers tape in recording with any kit). The drums overall are very high quality, but they are very expensive and custom made on order. The drums have also been credited with having a "big powerful sound". Unlike the major manufacturers, Sleishman don't have a "crap series", "kinda crap series", "medium series", and "pro series", all the drums just made very well, and not with those mass-produced shortcut methods either.

I just heard the guys from sleishman and they were telling me about an Omega Series, production model hitting the market very soon. they already tested it for the jan. issue from Modern Drummer magazine. they are not going to cross the 3K line..and in europe they are already on the website there.
www.sleishman.co.uk

I own a 8pc. sleishman since 1999 and I am looking forward to play this new line.
I am in need for a smaller set, based on a 20"x16" kick. ( now I own a 22"x20" kick based set with square sizes)

Independently Owned and Operated Sleishman Drums USA is clearing Omega Series for
$1099.00 for a five piece kit. Sleishman Twin Pedals are reduced from $839.00 to $249.00

Call Marcus ~ 323 652-2544 in Los Angeles

Back