Slave Pedal On Various Double Pedals

I was wondering if anyone can offer advice, on past experiences with their double bass pedals. Does anyone know which of them have slave pedals that play exactly as responsive and feel the same as the regular right pedal (Or atleast pretty damn close)?? (I currently own the dw 5000and the slave pedal sucks.) I've seen suggestions that the demon drive by pearl offers a slave that will play exaclty like the right, although this pedal is friggen expensive!!!

An unfortunate reality about drum gear is that quality costs a bunch. The Pearl Demon drive is about the same price as a DW 9000, but it's also as well-engineered a pedal as Pearl has ever made.

Another alternative, since you have the DW 5000, is to try the DWSP511 ball-bearing driveshaft. The universals are about twice the size of the regular joints, but the bearings should remove any slack action or delay in your remote side. I'm just assuming that in any remote or double pedal, the shaft is usually the culprit when problems arise.

Beyond that, most mid to top-of-the-line double pedals are well built enough that you can get good feel on both sides, there's just that pesky price tag.

Hmm, well those things list at 299.00 on dw's website which is absolutely ridiculous(though it's prob. just the list price). I've searched on guitarcenter.com, musiciansfriend and samash.com and none of them carry this linkage?

I was wondering if anyone can offer advice, on past experiences with their double bass pedals. Does anyone know which of them have slave pedals that play exactly as responsive and feel the same as the regular right pedal (Or atleast pretty damn close)?? (I currently own the dw 5000and the slave pedal sucks.) I've seen suggestions that the demon drive by pearl offers a slave that will play exaclty like the right, although this pedal is friggen expensive!!!

There is a pedal as such and its all over this web site, you can't miss it. The slave can easily play EXACTLY like the main.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 167
Back