Yerffej

So I've noticed that the slave pedal on my gibraltar intruder has a fair amount of lag compared to the master pedal. I've read that many double bass pedals are like this. I'm not really sure what urged me to do this, but by pressing lightly on the cam, I noticed it makes a loud "clack!" sound, but the master pedal does not. I recorded a short video comparing the two. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KClMgvs9yIc

Check to see if all linkage is tight, pedal is tight underneath. That would be my first look.

All bolts are tight as can be. The linkage itself as well as the heel plate have some play, but I don't think those are causing the sound.

There could still be play in the drive shaft linkage with the bolts tightened. I had some play in my iron cobras and speed cobras (both new) and I couldn't pinpoint the source to save my life. Installed a Trick shaft, problem solved.

You might have a completely different issue though. That click has me stumped. Can you "feel" the click?

There could still be play in the drive shaft linkage with the bolts tightened. I had some play in my iron cobras and speed cobras (both new) and I couldn't pinpoint the source to save my life. Installed a Trick shaft, problem solved.

You might have a completely different issue though. That click has me stumped. Can you "feel" the click?

I believe I can slightly feel the click. Was that Trick shaft the retrofit? I've been thinking of getting it..

I believe I can slightly feel the click. Was that Trick shaft the retrofit? I've been thinking of getting it..

Trick retrofit, correct. It's a great investment as long as any future pedals you own are compatable. That wouldn't be difficult to accomplish. Mine works with Tama, Yamaha, Pearl, Gibraltar, Sonor, Ludwig, and possibly more that aren't listed. I think the other model fits Trick and DW.

Trick retrofit, correct. It's a great investment as long as any future pedals you own are compatable. That wouldn't be difficult to accomplish. Mine works with Tama, Yamaha, Pearl, Gibraltar, Sonor, Ludwig, and possibly more that aren't listed. I think the other model fits Trick and DW.

Cool, thanks for your input!

I just bought a new rocker hub from dw (I have a DW pedal). It was only 5 dollars.

Whoops. I got the rocker hub mixed up with the heel plate hinge because on my pedal it's called the "rock stabilizer plate" haha. Maybe this hub is worth looking into too, though. Thanks!

Back