SKF Blog UPDATE: Revising My MD Published Posts

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
SKF Blog UPDATE: Revising My MD Published Posts

scottkfish_hudsonriver.jpg

Yesterday, Friday, June 16, I received an email request from Modern Drummer Publications VP Kevin Kearns, followed by a phone conversation. It was the first time we had communicated since the fall of 1983 when I was stepping down as MD managing editor and Kevin was MD's advertising director.

Kevin was calling to say I had to remove all of the MD published articles posted on this blog. By the end of our conversation, I was okayed to keep the first page of each MD article posted here, with a link to MD's Archive Page where these early MD issues are now available for purchase.

Most of these interviews were unavailable when I started this blog, unless you owned the back issues or were willing to buy them eBay. I'm glad that's no longer the case.

I wanted visitors to my Life Beyond the Cymbals blog to know of the change ahead of time. Let me emphasize that what is in question here are the scanned pages here from MD magazines. That's it. In the grand scheme of things this revision enables me to focus more on my original mission for this blog.

Onward and upward.

Keep up the good work Scott. The articles are always fabulous, and now, those that wish to buy, may do so, and others can enjoy your fantastic insight.

Back