Single tom mount Premier Genista??

jojo

Hello hello
I just baught a wonderful Premier Genista Set from the 90's, that came with a 18" and 20" BD, 8", 10", 12", 14" Toms.
Unfortunately it only came with the long double tom mount. I am looking for a single tom mount in order to have a nice bop-set (18", 12", 14").
I found out that the BD hole seems to be wider than the standard ones (7/8" = 2,2cm).
The Premier Genista seems to have a 3cm tube hole.
Can someone confirm that who knows those Genistas? Is it possible to get a spear one or maybe get one that fits fron another brand?
Really appriciate your help!
jo

Peedy

Hello hello
I just baught a wonderful Premier Genista Set from the 90's, that came with a 18" and 20" BD, 8", 10", 12", 14" Toms.
Unfortunately it only came with the long double tom mount. I am looking for a single tom mount in order to have a nice bop-set (18", 12", 14").
I found out that the BD hole seems to be wider than the standard ones (7/8" = 2,2cm).
The Premier Genista seems to have a 3cm tube hole.
Can someone confirm that who knows those Genistas? Is it possible to get a spear one or maybe get one that fits fron another brand?
Really appriciate your help!
jo
They used that tom mount for a long time (diameter is about 1 1/8) so you should be able to find something, though the single mount is rare and seldom shows up for sale. Photos of your current setup would be golden.

I'm assuming you have the same set up as my 1990 XPK. I also have a single tom mount stand (also pretty rare) but with a tube of just over 1 inch. I'm not certain but you might be able to just switch the head from double to single. I'll check that out later today.

Attachments

Peedy

Your kit probably looks like this first pic. The others are the options that were available for the Genista line and it's more expensive relatives. 1998 catalog - available online here. . .

Pete

Attachments

Last edited:

Tamaefx

Silver Member
The other option would be to find the double tom holder they use on the Signia, it looked like a Yamaha mount with 3 standard holes.

jojo_berlin

Thank you very much much for your helpful replies!
It looks like that the one I have is the best option. It gives me a lot of flexibility regarding position, but it just looks a bit "complicated", especially if the kit is used as a bob kit (18, 12, 14).
Thanks a lot!

Woolwich

Silver Member
Is there an option you could put together using Gibraltar parts? I did that on my Genista reissue kit made in the 2010s

jojo_berlin

As far as I know Gibraltar doesn't produce a tom holder with the diameter 1 1/8 (3cm). I couldn't find any yet. Which one did/do you use?

Morrisman

Platinum Member
There was a 90’s Tama kit that had a 1 1/8” bass drum mount. Also the Remo Mastertouch. Hard to find any around these days.

Woolwich

Silver Member
As far as I know Gibraltar doesn't produce a tom holder with the diameter 1 1/8 (3cm). I couldn't find any yet. Which one did/do you use?
Sorry I've no idea of the sizes, plus the reissue probably had a different diameter tube to the original Genista. It was just a thought as I went to my local shop with my kit and was able to try different sized tubes and L arms from the Gibraltar display rack.