Since DW bought Slingerland...

...is this the time to jump on a vintage Slingy kit? If DW starts producing new Slingerland drums, will it drive up the price of the vintage kits once released? Vintage Slingerland drums are pretty reasonably priced right now, and aren't too hard to find if one really looks. I'm not talking about the Gibson stuff either, just mid 80s and earlier. Or will it possibly drive the price even lower because DW is, well, DW, and love them or hate them they make quality gear that will probably be better constructed because of it being almost 2020?

...is this the time to jump on a vintage Slingy kit? If DW starts producing new Slingerland drums, will it drive up the price of the vintage kits once released? Vintage Slingerland drums are pretty reasonably priced right now, and aren't too hard to find if one really looks. I'm not talking about the Gibson stuff either, just mid 80s and earlier. Or will it possibly drive the price even lower because DW is, well, DW, and love them or hate them they make quality gear that will probably be better constructed because of it being almost 2020?

I don’t know about vintage, but this is about the only way I could be tempted to buy another kit. And that will depend on a few factors.

I love my Classic Maples and they’re here to stay. But my first quality kit were 70’s Slingerland. If they build kits that hit the vintage vibe right, and aren’t too out of sight price wise, I may need a second retirement kit. ?

I already have 1966 and 1975 Slingerland kits, I will have a new kit when they become available. (I just might have to sell my 1975 kit to make room for the new kit, I don't know.) Will the new kits drive up the prices of clean older kits? Maybe.

The new kits will have no influence on the Vintage drums value IMHO . Slingerland has been woefully disrespected in Vintage drum pricing . They do not command the prices that Ludwig, Gretsch and Rogers get .

Back