Sina Doering

Patrice B

Searched the forum but didn't found anything about her. If there is already a thread, sorry...

Anyway, I don't know if she does her own material or only covers but I think she has talent, your thoughts?

Two Deep Purple covers:

In this one, she talks about my favorite, Ringo:

There are plenty of covers she does (Genesis, Queen, etc...).

Patrice B

Nursery rhymes... revisited with another point of view:

She even play bass... and drums altogether. I know, not the most complicated drumming but...

Last edited:

HeavyDrums

I've been watching her videos, trying to pick up things, for a while. She can play, no doubt. She nailed Motorhead's Ace of Spades and Toto's Rosanna. Two songs I wish I could play. Never heard her original stuff.

Patrice B

Ok, she's also in a collaborative project with his father, father's friend arranger and a lot of artists/singers/songwriters/... from all around the world. Mainly young artists and the material covers a lot of styles and genres. Some tunes are, in my opinion, better than others (and sometimes I think the sound of her drums doesn't fit some styles... maybe it's just me?).

Refreshing to see youngsters doing something different.

This one is a kind of metal/prog with a drum part involving different meters:

What's up guys? Would an average skilled young drummer get any attention if he hadn't boobs? ;)
There are so many young amateur drummers out there, playing at the same level.

Yes, I definitely like her choice of music more than the typical "teenage" music, but there is nothing spectaculous or creative about her drumming imho. Just another youtube phenomenon...

What makes her kind of special are her presentation skills using all kind of social media, and probably her fathers experience as professional musician, but is that worth mentioning in this board?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Are you asking should she have a listing as drummer here or has anyone mentioned her on a thread? The former-NO the later I'd be surprised if not since so many young male and females get notice. You don't see Casey Cooper listed as a drummer here but I know plenty of threads mention him. There is a distinction between popular, talented, and accomplished in drumming (not that I'm making that distinction here as she may well one day be accomplished enough to be listed here). I like seeing female drummers and I like to see them get the same attention as male drummers (which historically hasn't been the case).

Patrice B

Yes, you're right guys: for now, she's just a YouTube phenomenon. And yes, there is a lot of talented drummers of the same caliber everywhere.

She has to prove herself being a real professional and for now, nothing to write home about: she's part of a real band in Germany called Gäs and even if she's able to play in front of an audience, this band let me a little meh!

I know she's part of the new trend of instant celebrities with a bunch of views on YT... but it doesn't make you an established musician. Just look a the disconnected from reality comments on YT like "she's the best drummer, yada, yada...".

My goal was only to show a young talented drummer that maybe one day, will be in the professional circuit... or fade away, who knows? Also, just to put a little bit of variety in an almost only guys domain known as professional Pop and Rock'n'Roll music... ;)

As a sidenote, we had an artist here back in fall 2018 (an androgyn singer, really provocative with music that was, in my opinion, nothing new). He was considered as "the star", new David Bowie and all this kind of praise and superlative. 6 months later, almost nobody talks about him... He was even bashing the old conservative (in his words) way of doing music... It didn't helped him to make a lot of friends on the local scene for sure...

BTW, I have a colleague here playing drums in the local circuit and she's pretty darn good. It's fun to see a lot more girls behind instruments these days, just not only behind the mic as singer...

Last edited:

Patrice B

And just to add to my last post: Tony Williams, Mike Shrieve, Ringo, to name a few, were already real pros in their twenties (even before for Tony and Mike) so, time will tell for her.

Mongrel

Silver Member
Yes, you're right guys: for now, she's just a YouTube phenomenon. And yes, there is a lot of talented drummers of the same caliber everywhere.

She has to prove herself being a real professional and for now, nothing to write home about: she's part of a real band in Germany called Gäs and even if she's able to play in front of an audience, this band let me a little meh!

I know she's part of the new trend of instant celebrities with a bunch of views on YT... but it doesn't make you an established musician. Just look a the disconnected from reality comments on YT like "she's the best drummer, yada, yada...".

My goal was only to show a young talented drummer that maybe one day, will be in the professional circuit... or fade away, who knows? Also, just to put a little bit of variety in an almost only guys domain known as professional Pop and Rock'n'Roll music... ;)

As a sidenote, we had an artist here back in fall 2018 (an androgyn singer, really provocative with music that was, in my opinion, nothing new). He was considered as "the star", new David Bowie and all this kind of praise and superlative. 6 months later, almost nobody talks about him... He was even bashing the old conservative (in his words) way of doing music... It didn't helped him to make a lot of friends on the local scene for sure...

BTW, I have a colleague here playing drums in the local circuit and she's pretty darn good. It's fun to see a lot more girls behind instruments these days, just not only behind the mic as singer...
Well....we know her right leg works....

:p

speedytina

To the commenter who hinted that Sina-Drums is gaining a measure of fame only because she has 'boobs'. No, she is becoming popular through 10 years of hard work. She is a graduate of Germany's 'Drummers Institute'. She was chosen by Donovan (yes that Donovan) to be his drummer during a live TV performance in Germany. She was chosen to be part of a British TV documentary called "The Art of Drumming" along with a Whos Who a-list cast of drummers. She has a 5-page spread in the current edition of a German drumming magazine. She has six albums of original music under her belt with a seventh in the works. I could easily go on.
So, she is much, much more than a YouTube phenom.
P.S.
After graduating from "The Drummers Institute", she was almost immediately invited back to conduct a seminar for new students. That's being more than talented, that's being 'accomplished'.

Last edited:

Patrice B

Didn't know about that part, she's in the professional circuit then. As she is so young, she could only be better in the next years. I wish her a long and successful carreer in drumming! She deserves it. And sorry about me thinking it was mainly a YouTube phenomenon...

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Yeah it's a shame people have to make reference to her gender-as though that matters. But the only reference people have is the Youtube videos so will make those comparisons to "typical YT drummers".
But the questions wasn't about her drumming but does she deserve a spot on the Drummerworld homepage listing (a Who's Who of World renown drummers) which you would have to admit, despite talent and some renown apparently in UK and Germany, she isn't the caliber of those listed in the DW homepage (but as I said she may one day-she's twenty been drumming ten years-got plenty of time). .

she was almost immediately invited back to conduct a seminar for new students. That's being more than talented, that's being 'accomplished'.
Sorry, you should probably read articles more thorough. Yes, she makes a living mainly with 500.000 followers on YT. Yes, she did a litte seminar in Germany at the Drummers Institute. But if you look at the line up, there was no outstanding drummer ecxept for Rene Creemers.

If a music school does a little promotion, they want to get the people in, and that's probably easier if a YT "star" appears live instead of good old boy drum teachers ;)

Don't get me wrong, to the best of my belief being a good drummer has nothing to do with gender. But from what I can see and hear Sina is just an average young drummer with neither exceptional drumming skills nor exceptional merits. Even her own songs (saw only one on YT) don't show extraordinary talent in terms of composing, singing or playing other instruments. Plus, but that's of course highly subjective, her playing is rather powerless, I would call it boring.

Careers based on mediocrity are nothing new and nevertheless remarkable, but at least nothing worth being mentioned on a list of drumming greats. Just my two cents.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
I find her drum covers to be quite accurate to the original parts, which is useful when I’m learning a new song for my cover band. One of the better, more versatile Youtube drummers out there.
Nevertheless, she is mostly known as a Youtube drummer at this stage, rather than as a professional touring or recording drummer. That might change of course.

Last edited:

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..Careers based on mediocrity are nothing new and nevertheless remarkable, but at least nothing worth being mentioned on a list of drumming greats. Just my two cents..

I just checked, but she is not on any list on the drummerworld site and this part of the forum seems allready a long time not only about the best ever drummers anymore, but more about certain drummers that members think are remarkable..

I agree she is not an exceptional player, but she plays better than 90% of all the members that i have seen in the playing section of this forum..

Then why we need to hear again and again that this is only a YT girl and all that crap..?

Because, even if she is, then still she is the one who actually has all those 1000's of followers with her drumming and you are not..

And besides that ,go check on this forum how all the 'experts' even speak about someone like Anika Nilles..

Really, i read people on this forum, and by how they wrote i thought i was dealing with some really skilled and high musically educated people, untill i saw them play and they were literally almost not able to play the most simple beat..

Still they comment about Anika Nilles just being some YT sensation because she is a girl who basically can not play..lol..

Btw, those last comments are not meant to you personally, but more in a general way..

Last edited:

harryconway

Platinum Member
I think I ran into her video's one day, when I jumped down the interweb rabbit hole on Leppelin covers.

Vocalist and guitarist kill it. Sina, perhaps not so much Bonzo, but competent. I think give her a few more years, especially hanging with the caliber of musicians she's hanging with, she might turn into a force to be reckoned with. Rome wasn't built in a day.