Simba Drum Set

mhill24on3

Has anybody heard of Simba drums? I bought a 7 piece set over the weekend from a guy and they are really nice. They have the Simba logo on the snare, toms and bass but there is nothing on the internet about them. When you google Simba all that comes up are toy drums for children. Any help would be appreciated.

I found this. The logo is the same as on the kick reso.
http://www.simbaproducts.com/index.html

I don't think those are made anymore, but I can assume they are budget minded kits, much like Rockwood or Sound Percussion.

They look good. If they sound good and play well, then they are good. I loved my budget kit when had it, which was a Rockwood.

Yeah I found that website but I couldn't get a hold of anybody with it. I called there phone # but it is always busy and the emails won't go through. Thanks for your comment, I'm pretty happy with them.

Where are you located that you found these?/

That 800 phone number has been disconnected

Well that website has a bit of a country/western vibe to it. Maybe they were one of a kind or limited run.

They could be out of business... Their dealer list has some that are either out of businesses or don't carry their products any more. Either way, I dig how they look. And the appear to be in great shape!

Here Is how I have them set now. Really digging them if I could just figure out there history.

Attachments

• 20160402_0734501_resized.jpg
    20160402_0734501_resized.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 294
I have a guitar with the same issue. Love the way it sounds and plays, but no real info. The forum I asked about it on shunned me and accused me of trying to sell a product from a company that's been dead for years. I wish you luck with your endeavor though!

No tags or labels inside??How about a Facebook page for any of the artists shown on the website???

I haven't taken the heads off yet but maybe there will be something stamped inside of them. Facebook might be a pretty good idea though.

My wild guess is these were a stencil brand brought in from Taiwan in the early 90's (based on the appointments & sizes). No such company exists. A music retailer/wholesaler struck a deal with a factory over there to make X amount of kits for them to distribute through their chain. There are numerous examples of this going on today.

As long as they sound good and the shells are fine, there's no reason to not enjoy them and play them. I'd probably change out the bass reso to all black or white and lose the giant no-name logo, but that's me. The shells appear to have a nice outer veneer and I assume they tune up well.

I'd say that's a nice score.

I own a Simba drum set that came with Simba cymbals. I'm getting a new Meinl 20" ride cymbal on Saturday (because the set came with 14" hi-hats, a 16" crash, and an 18" crash-ride), so the set will change. I got a Ludwig stand October 18 that I will put it on. By the way, the silver drum is a 14" x 5" drum that I converted from a snare to a tom in May 2020 because I broke the bottom head while playing it off my drum set. I own a 13" x 4" Ludwig snare drum that sounded better, so I've been using that as my snare drum since August 2017, when I bought it in 6th grade. I put a new Evans head on the drum on October 1. I took this picture 2 months ago. I will take a picture of my set with the add-on cymbal and the new head on Saturday. Here is my Simba drum set. https://equipboard.com/items/lewis-shepherd-drum-set

Back