Show us your tiny kits

SnareAce

I'm hyped, my set up is finally finished. It's a PDP Junior Set (14 x 18 bass!) I got for $100 off of Guitar Center's used gear site. Sounds surprisingly good with some new heads and precise tuning. Cymbals are 15" Dream Bliss Hi Hats, 19" Dream Bliss Crash Ride, and 18" Istanbul Agop Traditional Thin Crash with rivets.

bub72ck

My little guy's set. It is tiny and quite fun to play. The snare and kick sound pretty good but i have had a hard time tuning the toms to sound decent.

He is almost 3 and he will play his set while I play mine (the are facing each other a few feet apart) and then he will say "lets switch daddy!" and he will beat on my drums while I play these.

Attachments

drummerboyfitz

My Not A Cocktail No Stand Crazy Tiny Drum Kit! The 'bass' drum is a 14"X14" Maxitone MIJ from the late 60s. 8" Remo Buffalo drum as a snare. 10" Buffalo drum as a tom. 12" mismatched splashes as high hats. 16" vintage no logo ride. No heavy stands to lug around. No set up or tear down. Just pick it up, put it where you want it and play. Fits in the passenger seat of most cars. It is so low to the ground that sitting down is a must. I love this kit!

minidrum4piece.jpg

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Love the kits. Snare Ace, that may be a small kit but that's a really funking big photo :)

Wonder1, I really like the bass drum idea but wonder how heavy it is.

wonder1

Hi,
Just want to share my new mini-drum project.Modify Back-strike kick pedal.self made 8" mini-snare and 10" mini-kick.
Wonder1

Toolate

Platinum Member
Hi,Toolate!
Here's the short video clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6my7ZhDyRxw
(1)10" drum head as kick(cover it with black-cloth inorder to get better kick's sound)(2)I just use those plywood to made a kick's base & body.
Wonder1
You must have a short piece of drum shell with a bearing edge in there right? Is the space between the head and bottom piece of plywood ported? Pretty low pitched note actually for that small head/volume.

Thanks!

wonder1

You must have a short piece of drum shell with a bearing edge in there right? Is the space between the head and bottom piece of plywood ported? Pretty low pitched note actually for that small head/volume.

Thanks!
Yes! it's a cut 1" tall drum-shell with bearing edge(both drums).sometime,i do use PVC pipe(easy for my drum project!)too.I tune the kick drum slightly low,so when i'm playing gig when mic up it's sound fat/tight/punchy from the speaker system.The snare,i tune it not to high-pitch..but more on medium pitch,so that when mic-up, the snare sound Big/fat/tight.Normally,the place that i perfrom,we're kind of control our band's volume...we always try to acheive a clearn/tight sound.

boomstick

Silver Member
Made this a while back
Looks great CD. I've bookmarked your site too.

Here is my tiny kit in a couple different configurations. I basically took a Rhythm Traveler kick and mixed in some of the pieces from my usual kit. I also picked up an 18" Sabian Omni cymbal to handle ride/crash duties. I intended the second setup to be transportable on a bicycle trailer.

Attachments

CompactDrums

Silver Member
That looks really clean and classy Boom!

Looks great CD. I've bookmarked your site too.

Here is my tiny kit in a couple different configurations. I basically took a Rhythm Traveler kick and mixed in some of the pieces from my usual kit. I also picked up an 18" Sabian Omni cymbal to handle ride/crash duties. I intended the second setup to be transportable on a bicycle trailer.

CompactDrums

Silver Member
I knew I recognized the style. Peter, I'm a long time admirer of your innovative mini kits. I first saw your setups on cocktaildrum.com. If you have time, I'd love for you to check out my site and tell me what you think.

compactdrums.com

Hi,
Just want to share my new drum's project pic & short video demo!
(1)Turn this broken/diry Bar-stool into bass-drum.I got this Bar-stool free from the owner of the pub.(2)after 2 days job done finally i give this stool a new clean look!!(3)spent another 1 day to make a bass drum body for the 13" old drum-head.There's a Honda Motorbike front brake cable attached to the diy pedal-board & to the bass-drum body.This Bar-stool Bass drum will be good for Guitar player,Percussionist & drummer at very small stage!