Show us your Sonor Hi Tech set

Mick_Link

Crazy !! What year were those made?
These drums were only built between 1985 and 1988. There are not so many sets of them.
And when you do find one, the black hardware is usually in very bad condition.

Mick_Link

Did you steal those from Nicko? 😁
:LOL:
He is every time welcome, if he need something of my Techies (completely restored with new, original Hi Tech wrap, sandblasted and new powder coated all hardware).
D9D3ADD1-9CF8-47CD-A686-3EB9B8446461.jpeg
By the way, his original tour set of the „Somewhere on tour“ is in his own drum shop „Drum one“ in Manchester, UK.

Last edited:

drumhedd

Have you ever thought about having white gaskets made like on Nicko's kit? I always liked that little accent under the lugs and mounts, I wonder why they never made it past the prototype...

Mick_Link

Have you ever thought about having white gaskets made like on Nicko's kit? I always liked that little accent under the lugs and mounts, I wonder why they never made it past the prototype...
You are a real expert (y)
No, never thought about Nickos white gaskets.
I like it much more when everything is dark at my Hi Tech.
I would very much like to have his black Signature hardware. But this was also a prototype...
There was only once the Protec alu hardware in black available.

toddmc

Gold Member
Wow, never noticed that before. Really makes the lugs "pop" from the shells

You are a real expert (y)
No, never thought about Nickos white gaskets.
I like it much more when everything is dark at my Hi Tech.
I would very much like to have his black Signature hardware. But this was also a prototype...
There was only once the Protec alu hardware in black available.
Obviously we need some video of this kit in action!!

Mick_Link

I'm sorry, but at the moment I'm playing my Signature set and the Hi Tech set is stored in cases.