Show us your Mapex kits!

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Well it's been a while since the last Mapex thread got deleted, so I thought it was about time we had a new one!

Here's mine:

Mapex Meridian MP5045-SQ - Cobalt Burst
Kick: 20"
Toms: 10" x 8", 12" x 9", 14" x 14"
Snare: 14 x 5.5" Tama Artwood Maple in Caramel Burst & 14" x 5.5" Mapex Meridian Maple matching snare (not pictured)

Pies:
Sabian AAX - 18" Stage Crash, 16" Stage Crash, 10" Splash, 14" Fast Hats
Sabian B8 - 20" Ride

Etc:
Big Dog Pro Double Pedal (not pictured)
Mapex Single Pedal
Stagg mounted tambourine

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Saturn in galaxy burst.

8x7 10x8 12x9 14x14 16x16 14x5.5 sn. 22x16 + 20x18 (replacement bass drum due to minor transit damage)

Ludwig black beauty 14x6.5 millenium edition

pearl rack, pearl x-hat and snare stand, gibraltar boom arms, sonor stands, and dw pedals and hi hat stand. Ufip, sabian and zildjian cymbals.

Attachments

Last edited:

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Man, I love that Cobalt Burst! It is absolutely stunning! :)

Here's my kit; today it's set up as a six-piece again:

Mapex Meridian Birch in Transparent Cherry

10", 12" tom toms, 14" and 16" floor toms.
22" bass drum
14" x 5.5" Tama walnut snare drum

15" Sabian hi hat
17" Sabian AAX Studio crash
18" Sabian HH Thin crash
21" Zildjian A Custom Rezo ride

Mapex BD pedal, Yamaha and Sonor stands.

Heads:

Toms
Aquarian Modern Vintage medium top and bottom
Snare
Aquarian coated Studio-X batter, Remo Ambassador clear no-collar snare side
Bass
Aquarian Impact batter, Remo Powerstroke 3 front w/small hole

Naigewron

Platinum Member
I'll have to post a diagram for now, since my kit is still being assembled. Should be here in about 2-3 months.

Mapex Saturn in Arctic White with Black Nickel hardware
- 24x18 kick
- 12x9 rack tom
- 16x16 floor tom
- 18x16 floor tom

And a shiny new 14x5 Black Panther Brass Cat to go with it.

So yeah, big kick, big toms, big sound. Rock!

edit: I forgot that Mapex have their own diagram utility now, so I guess I'd better use that one too :)

Last edited:

bennyboyt

I've got a Pro-M in the same colour, haven't got a picture at the moment but I'm due to take one at some point.

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
My Meridian Maples in Cobalt Burst.
How do you hang your toms? I really like the layout you have since I have the same number of drums. Is that a rack you are using?

Here is mine! Thomann edition black panther. I have a Genera head on it now but I will likely swap it to a G1 or maybe G2. Makes the drum sing more.

Attachments

Trilogy72

How do you hang your toms? I really like the layout you have since I have the same number of drums. Is that a rack you are using?

Here is mine! Thomann edition black panther. I have a Genera head on it now but I will likely swap it to a G1 or maybe G2. Makes the drum sing more.
I use the Tama tom mound arms on a Pearl DR80 rack. I mount the L arms facing down to allow me to to get my toms as low as I want. This is what it looks like from the front. Sorry for the low quality pic.

Attachments

bigiainw

Gold Member
I'm sure there's another thread like this one somewhere, but anyhoo, here's my Saturn;

Appoligies for the mic wiring to those of you of a nervous disposition- it was a rushed set up.

Stixnergard2

Here is my Mapex Meridian Maple Manhattan kit. I bought it 1 month old locally to try out and then flip. The kit turned out to be amazing so it's a keeper. Swapped out the junk Remo UT heads, Fiberskyns on the tom batter and bass reso, clear Ambs on the tom resos, coated amb on the kick batter, Evans Power Center on the snare batter, and Puresound wires. the kit sounds as good as any pro level kit at a fraction of the cost, tons of tone and plenty of punch.

Attachments

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
I'm sure there's another thread like this one somewhere, but anyhoo, here's my Saturn;
There was one but the sticks debacle meant it got deleted eventually. So here's the new one.

Also - I recognise that BD head - did you sell your rockstar on the bay?

kettles

Gold Member
There was one but the sticks debacle meant it got deleted eventually. So here's the new one.
ANOTHER sticks debacle got a good thread deleted? bloody hell.

Here's a nice belly button pic of my Saturn. Sadly I have to sell it to fund other things, but it's been a great kit.

SparkoDrums13

My maple/walnut Saturn in Galaxy blue

Drums:
8x8, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 22x18, 14x5.5

Cymbals:
(All cymbals are Sabian HHX's except the 8/10" Splashes and the China) Left to right: 14" XCelerator hats, 8" Agazarian splash (Above Hats), 18" studio crash, 16" studio crash, 14" studio crash, 20" stage ride, Remote hats (10" HHX splash over 10" Xs20 splash), 18" Xs20 China

Hardware:
DW 9000 Double bass pedal, DW 9000 Hi-hat stand, DW 9000 Remote hi-hat stand.

Attachments

Last edited: