Show us your Four Piece Kits.

My go-to rig since I took possession of them in January. 13-16-22 Dee Dubs, with my hammered bronze Ludwig snare (circa 1982), 16" Giant Beat hats and 22" Giant Beat Multi to round out the setup. I always get a big ol' shit-eating grin when I pull these out of the bags and have a go with 'em.

E678DEA5-EA7A-4173-B430-87704A4366C4.jpeg

Ludwig Classic Maple 13/16/22 w/Yamaha Musashi Oak 13x6.5 snare.
Paiste 2002 15" SE, 19" 2002 Crash, 22" 2002 Ride, 20" Giant Beat.
Going all in with the Yammy Crosstown hardware, which is a look along with the Silver Sparkle, I think.
Also, the shell pack was born on Friday the 13th!
20220604_150455.jpg
20220604_150223.jpg

Last edited:
Kona, you've got some great sets!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
I like that stand too, although it appears a bit heavy.
Is that a Gretsch stand or something you pieced together?
The legs remind me of my old Gibraltar 9500 series cymbal stand.

Elvis
Hi. I have two those stands. Yes. Very heavy. It's the Gibraltar Tripod Hybrid stand. I bought it about 10 years ago to use with a rack setup i was using with my 6pc Purewood set. I sold the rack and most of the pieces and clamps but kept the Tripods. I can hang lots of gear off of them.... solid pices but i wouldn't want to pack them around ha

Hi. I have two those stands. Yes. Very heavy. It's the Gibraltar Tripod Hybrid stand. I bought it about 10 years ago to use with a rack setup i was using with my 6pc Purewood set. I sold the rack and most of the pieces and clamps but kept the Tripods. I can hang lots of gear off of them.... solid pices but i wouldn't want to pack them around ha
Sounds like my 9500.
Bought to place the toms for my old Pulse kit off to one side, along with a crash cymbal, so I could experiment with RIMS.
"Stout" doesn't even begin to describe that stand. Those drums weighed a ton, but that stand took it all in stride.
I could extend that thing past 6' high.
Someone on a forum once boasted how their Tama Titan straight stand was the heaviest ever built and I challenged them to a weight contest.
I won by a pound and a half.
Travelling around with that stand was no fun, though.
Glad when I finally sold it.

I added a tom mount on my Mapex 22x18 bass drum, mostly to make my hardware box lighter. It also makes more room to put my ride and small crash where I want them. Peace and goodwill.

100_0576.JPG

100_0580.JPG

I'm going 4 piece with my last kit. Love looking at all the setups for ideas. The two colors that kill me are the blue onyx rogers kit and the silver sparkle ludwig kit. This is such a cool hang here.
Silver Sparkle is louder. ;)

Is that a new kit?
I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

Back