Show us your Four Piece Kits.

My drums are on page 45 of this thread. Now my crash cymbals are different. Peace and goodwill.

100_0498.JPG

Here are my drums and cymbals. The drums are Mapex Saturn V, and the cymbals are all Sabian.

20" HHX Evolution Ride
18" SR2 Thin Crash
16" AA Thin Crash (20th Anniversary Model)
14" SR2 Hats (medium top, heavy bottom)

Peace and goodwill.

My Pearls as they sit now.
session custom classics 22x16, 16x14, 12x8, with 14x61/2” session studio select snare. Cymbals include 14” el sabor hats, 20” el sabor ride, 16” aaxplosion fast crash, and a 17” hhxtreme crash. Themse drums have masters hardware, and Premier die cast hoops. 31863A8D-B188-48ED-A08C-A2256379A353.jpeg

My main kit is just a Gretsch Catalina Club with the (now removed) tribal wrap. No biggie.
My Drumsmithing pride & joy is this one. Was a variety of shells reworked & color matched. The rack tom & snare share the same stand & the kick is a 20-incher with a KickPort.
14x14 floor.

I sold it to another drummer buddy who now has it in his house. I really liked how this came out & have been a fan of the color ever since. Reminds me of the Detroit Motor City blue Gretsch used on their Renown kit a few years ago.

I have a few pics of this kit as a 2-piece at a few gigs if anyone wants to see how it did.

Attachments

• four piece kit (2).jpeg
    four piece kit (2).jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 28
Actually, I'd like to see how you mounted the rack tom and the snare on the same stand, if you have detailed pics showing that.
Nice kit, too. You did a good job on that one. (y)

Elvis

Actually, I'd like to see how you mounted the rack tom and the snare on the same stand, if you have detailed pics showing that. Nice kit, too. You did a good job on that one.(y)Elvis

Thanks!

You can kind of tell from this pic. The rack tom & snare are on a DW V-Clamp with Double-ball L-arms. I angled them so they wouldn't be in each other's way.
The tom has a RIMS-type mount & the snare was direct-to-shell.

The main goal here was portability & quick on-and-off stage. I could pre-set this up off stage & in literally 3 trips, I was up and ready.

The guy who bought it needed a small, backline kit for his studio & this was perfect. So I knew it was going to a good home.

Attachments

• four piece back.jpeg
    four piece back.jpeg
    855 KB · Views: 31
  • tom mount.jpg
    tom mount.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 29
Do you feel that was a lighter weight setup, than using a separate bass mounted tom arm and snare stand?

My main kit is just a Gretsch Catalina Club with the (now removed) tribal wrap.
I almost had one of these for $250, but it sold before I could move money around.

My drums have not changed, but my cymbals have. So I am posting some pictures I took today.
My new cymbal setup is all Sabian except where noted.
21" AA Bash Ride (my favorite ride ever)
18" AAX Studio Crash
17" AAX Studio Crash
16" Wuhan China
14" SR2 Hats (medium top, heavy bottom)

100_0519.JPG100_0510.JPG

Peace and goodwill.

Is that your ride above the hi hat?

Yes, I am very left handed and right footed, so I play open handed. I have been playing like that for over fifty years. Peace and goodwill.

Last edited:
Thanks!

You can kind of tell from this pic. The rack tom & snare are on a DW V-Clamp with Double-ball L-arms. I angled them so they wouldn't be in each other's way.
The tom has a RIMS-type mount & the snare was direct-to-shell.

The main goal here was portability & quick on-and-off stage. I could pre-set this up off stage & in literally 3 trips, I was up and ready.

The guy who bought it needed a small, backline kit for his studio & this was perfect. So I knew it was going to a good home.
great idea mounting the snare and tom on a single stand. Also, is it a wrap or were the shells painted that color?

great idea mounting the snare and tom on a single stand. Also, is it a wrap or were the shells painted that color?

Painted. I'm not a fan of wraps & I let the wood grain be seen here.
I was enamored by Gretsch's Detroit Motor City blue on their Renown kit years ago & tried to duplicate the color here. As I play in the rockabilly scene, this color is everywhere & fits with our look. ;)

Painted. I'm not a fan of wraps & I let the wood grain be seen here.
I was enamored by Gretsch's Detroit Motor City blue on their Renown kit years ago & tried to duplicate the color here. As I play in the rockabilly scene, this color is everywhere & fits with our look. ;)
I have been thinking about painting one of my kits, maybe with a flat chalk or milk paint in a color similar to that. Very cool.

Hi, funny, I know this Guy, he's the one who gave me some ideas about my new band, we were supposed to practice one time with him when when we startedd but he had to leave for a tour for 4 months...He has a very good website, can't remember the name though...

Hi Phillipe! Yeah, that was a few years back now.

I noticed at least one other Winnipeger here on DWF. Maybe others lurking as well.

Stay safe (y)

Hi Phillipe! Yeah, that was a few years back now.

I noticed at least one other Winnipeger here on DWF. Maybe others lurking as well.

Stay safe (y)
Hey, great, I don't play drums, well, just doing it for Fun but I invested in drums and cymbals as you could see in my signature...But this year, with Covid, nothing...And we had so many contacts after the wedding show, where we played during the two days...Well, it's the same for everyone, stay safe you too...

IMG_0872.jpg

Wish I had a 14x14 to match.. but then it wouldn't be a 4 piece..

5.5x14
8x12
16x16
14x22
Lefty!!

Back