Show us your Four Piece Kits.

baz

Silver Member
Hola dot comrades

my two kits.C3B21E19-2A88-4490-8C5D-EB3824989E9B.jpegC8D628DF-63C2-4C89-9A0B-456B2D1F43AB.jpeg

my deedub classics 22x14, 14x14, 12x8.
Pearl session studio customs. 22x16, 14x14, 12x8.

The cymbals l use with the dubs are the ones that lhave been playing for over twenty years now, and they are all Sabian.
20” HH Manhattan ride, 16” HH thin crash, 17” HHXtreme crash, with a pair of 14” HH dark hats.

On the. Pearls again, all Sabian 20” AA el Sabor ride, 16” AAXplosion fast crash, 17” HHXtreme crash, and a pair of 14” AA el Sabor hats.

I also have an 18” el Sabor crash that l use as a crash ride. I have blathered on before about how much l love the sound and versatility of this cymbal, plus it does have a killer bell which makes up for the bell on my Manhattan.

l have a few other odds and ends cymbal but they are only used when l feel go all wankasaurus rex.C99B0E4C-6486-4C41-88BD-5F6FB576E3CA.jpeg

l have a couple of different snares but the two l use the most are my Chad Smith sig, and my dw classic 14x51/2

Barry

Last edited:

Elvis

Silver Member
I like those configurations.
Nice drums.
Good to see you're still around, Bazza. =)

"Dr.Groove"

baz

Silver Member
I like those configurations.
Nice drums.
Good to see you're still around, Bazza. =)

"Dr.Groove"
Ditto to you Doc G.

Glad to see that you are still vertical as well.
You still rocking those Ludwigs?

Barry

Elvis

Silver Member
Ditto to you Doc G.

Glad to see that you are still vertical as well.
You still rocking those Ludwigs?

Barry
Yes Barry, I still have that kit, although its been stacked in its bags for a few years now.
These days I have 5 kits, but right now a Sonor kit I picked up a couple of years ago is the only one set up (no room for more than one setup at a time).

Zildjian_K_20LightFlatRide2.JPG

Currently searching for a more suitable ride cymbal for it.
Thanks for asking. Always nice to hear from you. =)

Elvis

Reactions: baz

Ryan Culberson

Club Custom and Tour Custom out, mid-90's Recording Custom in...

Antique Sunburst finish 12-14-20 at my first gig back since St. Patrick's Day (gig was on Sept 26th). Small, outside private event with ample room for social distancing. Wore the mask when not playing.

AAA825FB-87D6-4418-A2DA-7461B8624A3E.jpeg

wildbill

Platinum Member
One of my three 4pc sets. This one is the Starclassic Maple, the other two sets are a Starcalssic B/B and a Silverstar. ALl of them in 20-12-14-configuration....
Got a favorite from those 3? The 20/12/14 (plus a 10 for me) is my favorite configuration.

brushes

Got a favorite from those 3? The 20/12/14 (plus a 10 for me) is my favorite configuration.
Yes, the Starclassic Maple that can be seen above. Incredible drums, especially for jazz. Super sensitive, versatile, lovely warm and moldable sound and a really great jazzkit. The others are great, too, but different in sound. The Silverstar is - if we speak about max bang for the buck - the best of those three. Not really surprising though. Silverstar shellset: roughly 750 Euros. SC B/B Shellset 1350 Euros, SC Maple 2200 Euros. All three sets sound great in studio and live.