Show off your Yamahas!

About to pick me up a Stage Custom on Friday.

10,12,14,20 with the matching snare. Natural finish. This will be the third time I've owned this finish in these sizes. I plan on this being my gigging kit, and I'll leave my vintage Ludwigs at the home studio.

Will post pics when I get them

Hey. New guy here with my first kit!!!

I've known how to play forever. Now I have finally picked up a kit.

1898 Yamaha Power Tour Custom 1182. Bought it from the original owner as a complete setup with cymbals, stands, Speed King, throne, cowbell, sticks, bags, everything. It's in absolutely gorgeous shape for a 30 year old kit. Even has the factory stock Remo Pinstripes on it. I couldn't be happier with. Although I'm sure the neighbors would say something different. Anyway, here is one of the sellers pictures of the whole kit.

I am really looking forward to pestering you all with questions about improving my drums and technique.

Attachments

• 00v0v_cM3eqJH3oqI_1200x900.jpg
    00v0v_cM3eqJH3oqI_1200x900.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 896
Oh man! Those are great drums. I have a set just like those except in black. I bought them new in 88. In 2009 I bought a new set of birch custom absolutes and I swear the PTC drums sound just as good. Is there a knob on the side of the larger rack tom for a internal muffler? My drums don't have that. They are definitely PTC drums though. They'll serve you well congrats.

Oh man! Those are great drums. I have a set just like those except in black. I bought them new in 88. In 2009 I bought a new set of birch custom absolutes and I swear the PTC drums sound just as good. Is there a knob on the side of the larger rack tom for a internal muffler? My drums don't have that. They are definitely PTC drums though. They'll serve you well congrats.

Yes. They all have internal mufflers. The Kick has a big external muffler on the batter. I'm learning a lot about this stuff quickly. I pulled the batters off of the toms today and tightened all of the hardware. Then I added a couple of drops of lube onto the threads of the lug bolts before I tightened them down. The muffler on the floor tom needed a little bit of tough love. But it's working great now.

Overall, I am beyond stoked with this kit. It sounds and plays great. I can't wait to get new heads on it!!! I have a Coated Emperor and clear ambassador coming for the snare. Along with a Puresound snare wire. Haven't made up my mind on heads for the toms yet. Probably either emperor's or Ambassador's.

Just picked up this nice little gig rig. Used but in like new condition. Stage Custom birch, natural finish, 10-12-14-20 (most likely won't use the 10 much). Came with the matching snare, which I have not used yet (previous owner left the stock heads on and put tape all over the batter). Punchy but surprisingly resonant, well built, light, nice finish; nothing but good things to say about this kit so far. Looking forward to taking it out and putting it through the paces. Currently have some old vintage emperors on the kit; will be buying new heads in a week or so. If anyone has a recommendation, I'm all ears (leaning towards coated G2s over G1s, possibly coated on the bottom as well).

Attachments

• IMG_7877.JPG
    IMG_7877.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:
Not a great pic, but it's not a great kit ?

Yamaha Rydeen of unknown vintage 10/12/14/22 (10 is in the garage) picked it up on eBay with stands for £130, stuck some pinstripes on and it sounds more than acceptable.

My gig kit. Early 2000's Yamaha YD Series in fusion sizes.

Tuned well, they sound great! Evans G2 over Yamaha original resonant heads.

I'd like to throw some pinstripes on them to see how that sounds.

Attachments

• Yamaha YD Series.jpg
    Yamaha YD Series.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 708
My stage custom

613wl4u.jpg

Last edited:
MCA nouveau circa 2008. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 in Sea Blue.

Attachments

• toms.jpg
    toms.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 685
  • behind kit.jpg
    behind kit.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 689
  • behind kit from right.jpg
    behind kit from right.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 692
  • full kit.jpg
    full kit.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 689
My gig kit. Early 2000's Yamaha YD Series in fusion sizes.

Tuned well, they sound great! Evans G2 over Yamaha original resonant heads.

I'd like to throw some pinstripes on them to see how that sounds.

I used to have one of those with the 20x17 kick, it was a great kit for the price I used pinstripes to and it sounded great to me, got a fair few compliments at gigs too so must have been ok. I tried coated emperors on it too but that didn’t work for me at all.

Yamaha 8000 made in Japan 13,14,16 14x22

Attachments

• CC4DBD48-9DF1-4697-B8B0-C9059564538D.jpeg
    CC4DBD48-9DF1-4697-B8B0-C9059564538D.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 515
lots of great kits. I've always loved those red Rock Tour Customs. It's such a great red.

Just purchased yesterday. 2005 Yamaha 9000 Recording Customs. Used once then stored in the loft. Still have the tags present :)

Gorgeous! Dare I ask how much for the shell pack? Or were the cymbals included?

I rearranged the old power tour customs to a different configuration. I've always played in a traditional 5 piece set up, two on the kick and one on the floor. I've tried a 4-Piece a couple of times with my ride in this position and it seemed very unusual, and I could never get use to only 4 drums. We'll see how long I deal with the ride this time. Also this is my home practice kit where I'm likely to play anything.
aJlfNlx.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
YUuBHhR.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Birch Custom Absolutes with Nouveau lugs. I gigged with these for the first time a few days ago. They sounded incredible through the PA.

Attachments

• 20181229_202535.jpg
    20181229_202535.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 20181229_202611.jpg
    20181229_202611.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 163
Back