Show off your Yamahas!

donzo74

Here's some Yamaha tastiness for your consideration...

Yamaha_Snares.jpg

13x6.5 - Musashi Oak
14x4 - Peter Erskine Custom Model - Birch
14x5 - Steve Gadd Custom Model - Birch
14x5.5 - Jimmy Chamberlin Custom Model - Steel
14x6 - Anton Fig Custom Model - Maple
14x6 - Billy Cobham Custom Model - Maple
14x6.5 - SD-296 Recording Custom Steel
14x8 - SD-098 Recording Custom Birch

harryconway

Platinum Member
I'm really surprised you found a chrome wrap floor tom so quick.
Looks like a fun set to play, and it'll reflect lights good too. (y)
I'm surprised, too. Really want a 14x14, but I figured one of those might be multiple years wait away. 16x16, I can certainly make work. At least now I have a matched 3 piece kit.

donzo74

This started off by just getting a few cymbal stands out to clean. Then my old college roommate and drummer buddy called and said he was coming over and the next thing I knew, I had set up my MCA kit in full fantasy mode and took up the whole living room! I pretty much just rock a 4-piece these days but it sure is fun kickin' around a massive rig like this!

This is my Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute shell bank in Solid Black. Pictured are the 22/16/14(2)/13/12/10 with Billy Cobham and Anton Fig custom model snares. Not pictured are the 10x7.5 and the 20x16. This has been my main workhorse kit for the last 17 years and I really love these drums!

YMCA-4.jpg YMCA-3.jpg YMCA-2.jpg

dmacc_2

This started off by just getting a few cymbal stands out to clean. Then my old college roommate and drummer buddy called and said he was coming over and the next thing I knew, I had set up my MCA kit in full fantasy mode and took up the whole living room! I pretty much just rock a 4-piece these days but it sure is fun kickin' around a massive rig like this!

This is my Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute shell bank in Solid Black. Pictured are the 22/16/14(2)/13/12/10 with Billy Cobham and Anton Fig custom model snares. Not pictured are the 10x7.5 and the 20x16. This has been my main workhorse kit for the last 17 years and I really love these drums!

View attachment 88750 View attachment 88751 View attachment 88752
Beautiful!

gdmoore28

Gold Member
That's a gorgeous kit, Donzo. Straight from the Glory Days of Yamaha production and popularity. I don't think there is anything in the drum world that looks as impressive as a full array of Yamaha System hardware with all its attachments, booms, and those glorious stands.

GeeDeeEmm

donzo74

I don't think there is anything in the drum world that looks as impressive as a full array of Yamaha System hardware with all its attachments, booms, and those glorious stands.
Thanks, man! You are not alone in that assessment, my brother! They have served me well and are fantastic instruments, IMO. Here's how I normally run them in 22/16/12 mode. It's nice to have all of the options, but this is the combo that gets it done for the bulk of what I play these days.

MCA-2.jpg

TJK

View attachment 88750 View attachment 88751 View attachment 88752

She’s a beauty Clark.

Pure class.

dmacc_2

What the heck, I've posted most of my Gretsch stuff in the past,(which I still have and will never part with). Now I will post these that I picked up a few years ago.

Hybrid Maples - 20, 10, 12, 14, 16 with RC aluminum snare. RC Brass snare and Hybrid Maple snare pictured below as well.

I played a recording custom setup from approx 1984 - 2008 pretty much exclusively. In 2008 I began to acquire various Gretsch kits. About 5 years ago I sold the RC's (without regrets) and eventually purchased these.

Now adays I swap between this kit and one of the traditional 4 piece Gretsch I have. These are a totally different vibe than the Gretsch, but equally as awesome.

20191203_182813_1.jpg20191203_155152_2.jpg

20191203_181850_2.jpg
20191203_182114_2.jpg