Show Off Your Yamaha....SNARE DRUMS!

bilkay

Here's the original version of the Akira Jimbo snare drum. It's got a maple shell and Maple Custom hoops. Note the screwed-on badge. There's one on eBay in the USA right now.

danander11

Here's my Dave Weckl signature snare.. Stainless shell that I stripped and had copper plated... Great fat sound out of it.. unbelievable power out of it... so much so that I hardly get to use it... In time I suppose.

Weckl 1.jpg

Peace!

tizzdizz

I love both those drums, they look tasty!

Not the best picture, but this is what my wifey got me last year for my birthday. It's a 14x7 Brass with the nouveau lugs. Big snare, big sound, lots of sensativity!

bilkay

Here's my Dave Weckl signature snare.. Stainless shell that I stripped and had copper plated... Great fat sound out of it.. unbelievable power out of it... so much so that I hardly get to use it... In time I suppose.

View attachment 16538

Peace!
Beautiful drum!

Reminds me of.............

THIS ONE!

5.5X14 Yamaha Roy Haynes hammered copper snare drum

stasz

Platinum Member
Dang billkay... You really enjoy those signature models huh? There are some fine looking snares in this thread.

EDIT: Although I won't be able to take advantage of this opportunity, if anyone wants to join the ranks of those above in this thread, here's your chance... someone's getting a nice deal on this piccolo. There's a handful other yammie snares on eBay too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Brass-Piccolo-Snare-Drum-Model-SD-4103_W0QQitemZ230271564406QQihZ013QQcategoryZ38095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Ugh...just when I thought it was safe to look at this thread again, along comes an opportunity for another beautiful brass Yammie on Ebay! Well, I must resist the temptation to round out the collection (since I already have the 6.5 and the 5 inch model). Sooooo... come on Yammie sensitive model with vintage finish, just a couple more weeks before it comes to the front door!

stasz

Platinum Member
Ugh...just when I thought it was safe to look at this thread again, along comes an opportunity for another beautiful brass Yammie on Ebay! Well, I must resist the temptation to round out the collection (since I already have the 6.5 and the 5 inch model). Sooooo... come on Yammie sensitive model with vintage finish, just a couple more weeks before it comes to the front door!
Aaaah!! You ordered a sensitive?? I'm green with jealous. I saw that snare and thought, "I need to own it". Don't forget to throw some pics up here!

tbmills

Gold Member
i want to see someone's steve jordan with wood hoops.
that is the next snare im getting. i cant wait till september!!!

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
My Yamaha snares:

14x3,5 Yamaha brass piccolo (the pre decessor of the Garibaldi Sig)
13x6,5 Yamaha birds-eye maple prototype (at the end they never used birds-eye on production models, only on the 100 Centennial 1889-1989 kits) It has the sensativity of the new ''Sensative'' line.
10x5 Yamaha custom (transforemd stage custom with maple custom strainers and a kick ass sound one of my oldest snares for over 5 years)
12x5,5 aluminium (no Yamaha, but a ass kickin favourite :p)

On the wish list:
A Yamaha Custom snare (or multiple, like a 13 and 10)
Bamboo 14x6,5 or 12x6,5
Peter Erskine 10x3,5 sig.
Akira original maple sig,
Carbon Custom snare that was made for Tommy Aldridge.
Vinnie Colauta sig

Last edited:

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Well after only a two week wait, my new Yamaha Sensitive Snare with vintage finish came in today. I'm so happy. The drum is truly sensitive and beautiful to look at. It has a warm sweet sound with a nice dynamic-range. It should be great for jazz with brushes or maybe even orchestral snare work. So...here it is !

Attachments