Show Off Your Tama.....SNARE DRUMS!!!

Ekim

Silver Member
Why must we lust after ever-more snares? I have more than enough to cover all the sounds I need... I think I have brain damage.

ntn2it

This is my Tama Signature model Simon Phillips Gladiator snare drum. It is a bronze drum and it measures 14"x5.5" . I am just loving this drum. It's warmth, depth and sensitivity just amazes me every time I play it.

kam

good day masters! i just bought a tama snare (2nd hand) and my problem is i have no idea what exactly is its model. it is 14"x5", has 10 lugs, has star-cast hoops and starclassic snare wires (dont know if they were just replacements by the previous owner) and it is relatively heavy for an ordinary steel snare (i think). here are some pictures. can you help me figure this out guys? thanks! :)

Attachments

marko138

Silver Member
My Tama Artwood maple 13x6.5 (LOVE this drum.)

And my 14x5.5 Starclassic birch (do NOT love this drum)

marko138

Silver Member
Just wondering how come you like the Artwood better than the, supposedly pretty good, Starclassic?
I'm not much of a fan of 14x5.5 snares at all. The Starclassic sounds good...but I can't get a nice high pop from it like I like. The Artwood does it easily and sounds great.

The SC is a much higher quality drum but the Artwood gets it done for me. I paid $98 for the Artwood. I tend to favor maple snares more so than other shell types.

eric_B

I'm not much of a fan of 14x5.5 snares at all. The Starclassic sounds good...but I can't get a nice high pop from it like I like. The Artwood does it easily and sounds great.

The SC is a much higher quality drum but the Artwood gets it done for me. I paid $98 for the Artwood. I tend to favor maple snares more so than other shell types.
I know what you mean. I seem to favor deeper drums with a high crack (or snap or pop or whatever) as well.
Although a 14x6,5 brass can be great as well. I just recorded with a Mapex Black Panther Blaster (13x7 maple with walnut rings), very nice.

Oh, sorry, I'm ruining the thread ;-).

Metal Militia

Sorry to bother all of you with this question, but any chance anyone is interested in selling a 1980's Tama Superstar Snare in Cherry Wine finish? It's the missing piece to my classic double-bass kit! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks for all of your guy's time, sorry to pester!

MikeM

Platinum Member
My buddy Dave gave me this. Its a 1980s Superstar 14"x8" in Maple finish. He used it in the early 90's but now he mostly plays guitar....

Just fitted it with a new Aquarian Hi-Energy which he recommended to me....

Unfortunately the wire snares are not the full length original ones.

Are these them?

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_14 20 Strand Snare Drum Wires_-1_10052_10002_-49998251?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Snare Drum Wires-_-14 20 Strand Snare Drum Wires-_-TMS20R14S
Would Dave have a last name that anyone might know? Donn Bennett used to have that same snare with a signature from its previous owner, who now plays DW drums - when he's not playing guitar, that is.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
c1987 8x14" Artwood in Piano Black, one of my favorite wood snares!

Filacterua

The Woods

The Irons

70's King Beat - Seamless shell - tons of volume and power. Love this guy!

80's Imperialstar - Same seamless shell as above - not as tight. Can get you that Bonham tone, tho, no problem...

90's 10-lug Birch Starclassic - My Baby

80's Birch Superstar - Great rock tub. Awesome volume and personality.

Matt-Bover

Here it is...legendary
Tama bell brass snare.
Tama fibrestar snare
Tama acrylic snare

Look all my tama snares on facebook groups "tama slovenija" and "zildjian slovenija".
what kind of hoops are on the acylic snare? doesnt look like diecast, looks like bell brass hoops BUT its not the same color as the tama BB hoops. prob just another version of diecast?