Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

The 13" AQ2 snare is fantastic. I have all three sizes and that's probably my favorite. I think the Safari is the only shell pack that came with the 13". I have one of those Jack DeJohnette signature heads from Aquarian on there and it bites. Edit: "bites" in a good way, not in the 90's slang sense.
I agree -- I have the 13" and the 14" -- both are great, but I prefer the 13.

Great sound for the 13 indeed! What heads are you using on them?
I have the Remo Ambassador Vintage Coated batter and Remo Hazy Snare-side reso.

i just bought that same water heater yesterday for $1500 :p
Funny mention that. I was down there a few night's ago drumming and suddenly heard a crash. I looked up and the vibration had rattled the vent pipe completely out and onto the floor. Glad it happened when I was down there. Directly venting flue products into your drum room is extremely hazardous to health.

I have the Remo Ambassador Vintage Coated batter and Remo Hazy Snare-side reso.
Thanks for sharing! I've tried myself Ambassador Coated, Genera Dry and Power Center. You get many different sounds from it by switching the heads. I'm still experimenting.

Thanks for sharing! I've tried myself Ambassador Coated, Genera Dry and Power Center. You get many different sounds from it by switching the heads. I'm still experimenting.
So true -- I am still experimenting myself!

Awsome drums mate I love that finish

Awsome set up i love the Aq2s and that finish in nice yeh im a sonor lover.
Thanks Tiges. I recently picked up the 22" kick drum from that line and whoa boy it was worth it. I moved the 20" over to the aux position and now I'm using the 14" kick as an improvised gong drum.

I bought a new Sonor SQ1 set earlier this year and was really disappointed. Turns out it was actually manufactured in September 2017. So it was unsold stock that had been sitting in a warehouse for years. Chrome was rusted, the rubber mounts were discolored, and even the bearing edges were rough and uneven in places. I could have overlooked all that if the drums sounded good, but they didn’t! I am familiar with the sound of SQ2s, and the SQ1s weren’t even close. So I carefully packed up the whole thing and shipped it back to the retailer. Luckily they refunded all my money including shipping. That was a very disappointing and stressful week!

I bought a new Sonor SQ1 set earlier this year and was really disappointed. Turns out it was actually manufactured in September 2017. So it was unsold stock that had been sitting in a warehouse for years. Chrome was rusted, the rubber mounts were discolored, and even the bearing edges were rough and uneven in places. I could have overlooked all that if the drums sounded good, but they didn’t! I am familiar with the sound of SQ2s, and the SQ1s weren’t even close. So I carefully packed up the whole thing and shipped it back to the retailer. Luckily they refunded all my money including shipping. That was a very disappointing and stressful week!

With regard to the edges...the fact that they let a set like that out of the factory is ridiculous. . I have seen other situations with customers on this SQ1 line and also the Vintage. . One guy on the drumforum.org said he contacted Sonor about his issues on a Vintage kit and they told him something about they don't pay attention to fine detail as much as the SQ2 which is just completely unacceptable.

I am a huge Sonor fan but this stuff should not be happening. . i don't know how they get away with this stuff.

That's a sad story I'm a big sonor lover and own sonor drums never had any problem what so ever your kit should of not left the factory without being inspected first what happened to QA.

Yes, I actually read about some issues before I bought the SQ1 set but I didn't believe it. I hope @Dutch Drummer is happy with his.
I am very happy with my SQ1. No issues at all, although I read about the issues too. It sounds great and looks great. I do not know when it was manufactured, but this colour line is rather new, so I do not think my kit has been stored for years. I know Sonor as a very trustworthy brand. If there is something wrong they always find a solution for you, if you contact them.

That's a sad story I'm a big sonor lover and own sonor drums never had any problem what so ever your kit should of not left the factory without being inspected first what happened to QA.
I wonder if this kit was rejected by QC and then someone quietly snuck it out? I'd be contacting whoever retailed it to find out what its actual history is.

I wonder if this kit was rejected by QC and then someone quietly snuck it out? I'd be contacting whoever retailed it to find out what its actual history is.
It was from a big distributor in Nashville. I am guessing the distributor is in Nashville because that is also the location of the FedEx headquarters/hub. My guess to why it was there for so long is because this Sonor model has sold poorly.

Back