Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Those are excellent snares. I had one and sold it so I could buy another excellent snare (Sonor Phonic Reissue beech) but I want to get another of these Prolite snares. The 14x6 is REALLY nice! One of the best throws in the biz too. What kind of snare stand is that? Looks pretty cool!
Ludwig Atlas Pro concert snare stand.
It's rock solid and super adjustable but expensive and quite heavy.

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

I have a Safari that I use for portability....I hadn't played it for a while actually but I brought it out for a live stream a couple days ago and the band LOVED it - everyone kept asking me why I don't use it more haha. I got all new heads and use a 3x13" steel piccolo instead of the snare that came with it - and it sounded like a million bucks.

Great little kit.

Attachments

• 678B71F7-16F4-4350-8868-98B7A3EA1BC7_35.jpg
    678B71F7-16F4-4350-8868-98B7A3EA1BC7_35.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 31

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
My Lil SONOR Safari-I love it-it's my Lil Mule. And my 13X7 SONOR Artisan Amboin Snare (my Lil Baby and only nice drum I actually own-I'm not worthy I know but screw it). I'm pretty sure I've posted before but I'm old and a bit senile so I get to do stuff like that now. It's the only perk of growing old is you have an excuse." Hey bud can can't drive" my response "Up yours-I'm old what do you expect." I've almost sold that Safari three times but I think about it and always keep it. I'm glad I did because I've only a small space to occupy.

And there is my big fish-a friend of mine learning taxidermy stuffed it-did great job on this one. Caught it April 1st 2000 I think on a freezing morning it weighed 11 lbs. and had caught one that weighed 9 lbs exact same spot a year earlier about the same date he stuffed that didn't turn out as well (I gave it to a friend). I should have kept it up taxidermy from when I was a kid (I was good at making wood wool forms and stuffing birds)-he's good now and charges a fortune LOL.
Wow I have a great idea when I die I'll have an AI robotic head programmed to be "Me" so then after I'm gone and before cremation tan my hide so my actual skin will be on my new AI head. Then have a big party to celebrate my death where everyone can talk to the talking head-while a memorial of my life plays on screens around the room-a panorama of "Me". Maybe a holographic me where we can "party" together. Heck yeah-I maybe able to parley this into a whole new industry. You can program your head to tell all you've loved ones goodbye, read your will or hit them with the bad new you didn't have the money for your talking head so you're stuck with the bill. Yeah I can see people abuse it but what's new. Yeah it's the future-we can thaw Disney's head and reanimate it-dang the irony of that. Wow I'll be the Elon Musk of death-he's got space. Death beats space-unless you send your talking head into space. I guess the AI brain could learn and keep going. You'd still be dead of course but you're alter ego could go out and conquer galaxies-no problem of a body for space travel. Send all the talking heads into space is what I say-why wait there plenty around now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.43.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.43.35 PM.png
    707.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

TOMANO

The kit I teach on is Sonor. Beautiful sounding kit. I currently own Pearl and Tama. Used to own a Sonor Jungle but sold it. Regrets...I've had a few...but then again...

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
You're kit is gorgeous! 3 up 1 dn. Very slick! Here's my SQ1 in GT black.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You're kit is excellent those SQ1's are really nice drums.

NouveauCliche

Beautiful !! Snow tiger looks great. What size is that bass drum?

You're kit is gorgeous! 3 up 1 dn. Very slick! Here's my SQ1 in GT black. View attachment 98031

That matte black is so sharp - so is that logo!

Great looking kit : wouldplay/10.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Hey forum!

New member from Germany here, have been reading quietly by now, dropped a joke into the drummers jokes thread a couple of days ago and felt like starting to show off my gear today. More to come, will write an introduction as soon as my studio complex is built (which has priority atm) and might drop some pics into the DW show off these days. But let's start with my little crack baby :cool: :love:

My SONOR Artist Series AS12 1406 CM

Unboxing...
Unboxing.jpg

In The Set
In the set.jpg

Portrait
Portrait.jpg

Companionship
Companionship.jpg

This is the most beautyful and best sounding snare drum I ever owned, really looking forward to move my stuff out of the living room (!) to the studio to give this awesome setup a real test - as soon as it's built, which is hopefully the case this year - after 1.5 yrs build time. Drums are sitting here occupying space for about 1 yr. Well, to be honest my wife doesn't mind and I think it's the very best type of room decoration I can imagine ?

Cheers, Markus

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor

Justinhub2003

Hey forum!

New member from Germany here, have been reading quietly by now, dropped a joke into the drummers jokes thread a couple of days ago and felt like starting to show off my gear today. More to come, will write an introduction as soon as my studio complex is built (which has priority atm) and might drop some pics into the DW show off these days. But let's start with my little crack baby :cool: :love:

My SONOR Artist Series AS12 1406 CM

Unboxing...
View attachment 98066

In The Set
View attachment 98067

Portrait
View attachment 98068

Companionship
View attachment 98069

This is the most beautyful and best sounding snare drum I ever owned, really looking forward to move my stuff out of the living room (!) to the studio to give this awesome setup a real test - as soon as it's built, which is hopefully the case this year - after 1.5 yrs build time. Drums are sitting here occupying space for about 1 yr. Well, to be honest my wife doesn't mind and I think it's the very best type of room decoration I can imagine ?

Cheers, Markus

I just ordered this !