show off your snare

R2112

Silver Member
Guru Segmented In-Tense Ovangkol 14 x 7.

Attachments

• IMG_5280.jpg
    IMG_5280.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_5278.jpg
    IMG_5278.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_5276.jpg
    IMG_5276.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 527

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
I don't gig that much, not on drums anyway, so it takes a while to put things through the paces. At the same time you always sort of know.

It's not that I'm a Vinnie copycat, but I relate a lt to his feel and general sound.

I got a hammered brass snare after seeing him using one a lot. Like on almost every studio clip for many years all from the Electra session to the more recent Eisenberg stuff.

The never one, while being a good allround choice is a bit uneven in the top end.

I got this older, maybe hand hammered? one not too long ago. This is the same as Vinnie's and it is warmer, more focused and even in the mids. Suddenly a more useful jazz drum as well.

I have no problem seeing why Vinnie uses his so much. Might be slightly too dry for certain things, but really, if there was only on drum, this would do it all in style.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Guru Segmented In-Tense Ovangkol 14 x 7.

Nice snag!

More than a few DW Forum members would love to hear your feedback on this drum.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Here is my only decent drum actually. It's my Sonor 13 X7 Artisan Amboina snare with ovangkol wood hoops. Recorded with my Zoom Q2HD and used the software and "Clean and power". Thought I'd add sound. Needs a new batter head and a tune up but pulling it out of the closet (after several months of no play)it still sounds pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjazA0hEaI&feature=youtu.be

R2112

Silver Member
Nice snag!

More than a few DW Forum members would love to hear your feedback on this drum.

Thanks Vintage! I definitely plan on giving feedback soon. I want to spend some time getting to know her first. My limited time with her so far though has been wonderful. :)

lsits

Gold Member
I already posted this in the good snare thread but I'll post it here for good measure.

I picked up this Pork Pie Big Black snare drum last Thursday:

I ordered a DW Design series BNOB snare this past Qugust from Guitar Center. I've had my eye on the Pork Pie for some time, but the DW was $30 less. The DW was back ordered and I was told it would arrive in two weeks. Well two weeks turned into three months. I phoned Cuctomer Service to complain and was offered the BOB for $30 off. I canceled the DW order and picked up the Big Black.

It sounds good with the Taiwanese Remo stock heads, but will really shine when I put the new Aquarian TC-14 head on.

jbonzo1

Silver Member
Ordered this in early August from The Drum Shop to match my kit. Arrived yesterday.
Collector's Pure Cherry 6.5x14 in natural lacquer with chrome hardware. Has the 50 pitch tuning rods. Like all DW drums, it was tuned and ready to play right out of the box.

Attachments

• my dw 6.5x14 pure cherry 2.jpg
    my dw 6.5x14 pure cherry 2.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 486

jbonzo1

Silver Member
1960's Rogers COB 5x14 Powertone.
Added Ludwig wires and snare side head and a Evans UV-1 batter. The UV-! is really nice and fit the shell with room to spare.

DW 6.5x14 Aluminum Wrinkle Finish snare.

Attachments

• my cob powertone 1.jpg
    my cob powertone 1.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 435
  • my 6.5x14  dw aluminum 1.jpg
    my 6.5x14 dw aluminum 1.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 439

jbonzo1

Silver Member
My Black Friday purchase from the Drum Center of Portsmouth.
5x14 Noble and Cooley Solid Shell Cherry.

Attachments

• my nc ss cherry 2.jpg
    my nc ss cherry 2.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 389

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
My Black Friday purchase from the Drum Center of Portsmouth.
5x14 Noble and Cooley Solid Shell Cherry.

Nice snag! I had that exact snare in my sights.

jbonzo1

Silver Member
I'm glad you didn't pull the trigger!
I watched and waited for two days before I grabbed it. I wanted another N&C SS and this was a no-brainer. Still took me two days, though!

Icetech

Gold Member
Had a guy here in michigan make this for me about a year ago... Stave walnut with DW magnetic hardware which i love. Super fat sound and hasn't left my stand since i got it. first purchase i have been 100% happy with. and really inexpensive.

2015-11-30%2012.54.39.jpg

snareside.jpg

P.S. i wanted the oil finish.. i am not a fan of gloss.. scratches and fingerprints. NEVER!

pgm554

Platinum Member
My Pearl FF copper set.

Attachments

• cff.jpg
    cff.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 373

jbonzo1

Silver Member
Got the shell off eBay from Farlow Drum Shells, Asheboro. NC.
5x14 Zebrano (Zebrawood), about 5/8" thick. I added lugs from Drum Factory Direct, INDe strainer and butt, Ludwig snare side and wires, Aquarian TC batter and eight coats of satin lacquer. Precision Drum drilled it.
The shell is pretty heavy and the Zebrano is a hard wood. 45 degree edges and wide beds. It sounds really nice, crisp and sensitive, great at low volume and really projects when you smack it.
I'm very happy with it and I have a 6.5x14 Walnut shell that is next up.

Attachments

• my 5x14 zebrano stave snare a.jpg
    my 5x14 zebrano stave snare a.jpg
    819.8 KB · Views: 886
  • inde on zebrano.jpg
    inde on zebrano.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 887
Last edited: