show off your snare

jbonzo1

Silver Member
Latest additions:

Ludwig 1968 or '69 5x14 Standard seamless aluminum snare.
Pork Pie 6x14 eight ply maple with a curly maple veneer.

Attachments

• my ludwig standard 5x14 2.jpg
    my ludwig standard 5x14 2.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 709
  • my pork pie 6x14 curly maple 2.jpg
    my pork pie 6x14 curly maple 2.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:

Thunder 42

Silver Member
No disappointments here. Beautiful drums.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I love seeing all the beautiful snares but we need attached sound files too. Just noodling on the snare to show it off some would suffice. Just a thought-and a dang good one if I may so myself. Beautiful snares with sound files would make this thread like a super nova of beauty and sound for people to sample in search of snares. So everyone who has posted a snare pic since 2012 now has to go back and edit the original and add a sound file like pronto-let it be written let it be done in my best Yul Brynner voice. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap-I'm waiting....................

Destroyer772

Gold Member
After seeing Paraddidle Pete's stunning collection Im all most embarrassed to show mine. Oh well what the hell. Here is my prized Snare collection, I am proud of how well each one sounds.

Attachments

• Snare drums.JPG
    Snare drums.JPG
    383.2 KB · Views: 659

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
After seeing Paraddidle Pete's stunning collection Im all most embarrassed to show mine. Oh well what the hell. Here is my prized Snare collection, I am proud of how well each one sounds.

It's not a contest, it's whether you dig them or not. I like them. I like your drums. for me at this point i have gravitated to Maple, Mahogany, Brass, Copper and Bronze.

Last edited:

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member

You sit behind your drumset with bass drum, stands, cymbals, all hiding your snare also tucked in between your legs, so if it or they sound good, no one will ever know what you are playing. Which begs the question, How much do our legs dressed in pants muffle and change the sound of our snares? Oh my the drama? I will do some testing.

Destroyer772

Gold Member
It's not a contest, it's whether you dig them or not. I like them. I like your drums. for me at this point i have gravitated to Maple, Mahogany, Brass, Copper and Bronze.

Oh yes, I dig them. I am not just a hobby Drummer, but more of a Drum enthusiast. I love fine Drums like some people like fine wine, I love to hear and gaze upon fine Drum's. Yours, my friend Is a fine collection. Thank you for sharing. And Grunter, when you try out your Snares bottomless, let us know how that turns out LOL.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Oh yes, I dig them. I am not just a hobby Drummer, but more of a Drum enthusiast. I love fine Drums like some people like fine wine, I love to hear and gaze upon fine Drum's. Yours, my friend Is a fine collection. Thank you for sharing. And Grunter, when you try out your Snares bottomless, let us know how that turns out LOL.

Who's to say I haven't. Advantages of being single.

Last edited:

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
Another thread perhaps ? Show off your snare playing pants. Flares obviously go with snares for the very fashion conscious , but for those with pure tone and resonance in mind i would recommend naked drumming. Of course technique and traditional grip would be of foremost consideration. no? Drums i might add are instruments first , timing mechanisms second..

octatonic

My current collection.
Mostly Ludwig and DW with a few oddities.

14715555_1618836995082901_6876559600257556347_o.jpg

Working from L-R:

Ludwig LM400 14x5, Ludwig Black Magic 14x6.5, Ludwig LM402 14x6.5.
DW 14x4 Olive Ash, DW Collectors 14x5.5, Van Kleef Titanium 14x5.5
Tama 14x4, Slingerland Radio King 14x5.75.

Next on the list will be a Black Beauty and a 14x6.5" DW.

jbonzo1

Silver Member
Just arrived:

Ludwig LB417 Black Beauty 6.5x14 smooth shell with Imperial lugs and the Atlas strainer and butt.

Pork Pie 6x14 eight ply maple with a Curly Maple veneer. This is my second curly maple PP.

Attachments

• my LB417 BB.jpg
    my LB417 BB.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 525
  • my PP 6x14 curly maple 2.jpg
    my PP 6x14 curly maple 2.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 532

Thunder 42

Silver Member
Just arrived:

Ludwig LB417 Black Beauty 6.5x14 smooth shell with Imperial lugs and the Atlas strainer and butt.

Pork Pie 6x14 eight ply maple with a Curly Maple veneer. This is my second curly maple PP.
Great show! Beautiful snares, congrats!

R2112

Silver Member
Just arrived:

Very nice John !

Thunder 42

Silver Member
My Ludwig Black Beauty LB417BT.

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 525
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 517