Show Off Your PEARL!

ridethemaverick

Here's my baby. Pearl Export, not sure what year. I was told it's early 90s, that's it. I named it the Savannah II. (And yes, I took all those pillows out for a proper EQ pad!) Lord, if I had known then about buying your first kit that I know now...

SPPWRA

My VSX pinstripe. I know, there are no pinstripes, anymore, i painted the wraps!

Love my kit

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/tA3Uu/embed"></iframe>

Last edited:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I ever had any Pearl kits, but I do have this fairly rare Vari-Pitch snare in mint condition.

Attachments

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I ever had any Pearl kits, but I do have this fairly rare Vari-Pitch snare in mint condition.
I'm imagining the 2:00AM beer fuelled conversation - "what if we bolted a rototom to the shell of a snare drum" ;) Wonderful - Heath Robinson would have been proud!

ottog1979

First pic in my Halloween costume, but proud to show off my 1977 Pearl fiberglass shell recently re-wrapped. Bought this kit in high school.

Attachments

utdrummer

Several cases................
I was actually taking drum lessons from Randy May in 1976 when I walked into the lesson room and he had a drum covered in a cloth. I asked him what the surprise was underneath and he displayed the original roto-snare that had just been picked up by Pearl. He asked me not to mention it but it was being produced and would be available soon there after. Got to play it for a few minutes and was reasonably impressed. Randall May is a very creative percussionist and inventor. Laugh all you want but this started him on a very rewarding, lucrative career.

Liito-orava

In the pic:
Pearl Reference Series/Emerald Mist with Gold HW

10x8, 14x14, 16x16, 22x18
Snares: Pearl Reference 14x5, Tama S.L.P. G-Maple 13x7 (downleft, almost)

Crashes: Sabian Jojo Mayer Signature Fierce Crash 18", Meinl Byzance Med. Thin. 17", Zildjian K Dark Thin 19"

Hi-Hats: Zildjian K (IAK) 14"

Ride: Sabian HHX Stage Ride 20"

Chinas: Zildjian Oriental China Trash 16", Sabian HH Chinese 20"

Splash: Sabian Paragon 10"

JosephDAqui

Silver Member
My new Session Studio Custom (2016) - 7x10", 8x12", 14x16", 16x22" BD, 14 x 5 vintage Gretsch Round Badge Snare. Mostly Yamaha HW and 9315 pedals with Trick driveshaft.

Zildjian 21" K Custom Hybrid Ride, 19" K Custom Hybrid Trash Smash, 16" S Trash Crash, 16" A Medium Thin crash, 8" A Splash, 14" Vintage New Beat Hi-Hats, 14" K Custom Hybrid Hi-Hats, 18" ZHT China, 12" China, 6" Zilbel

The Jamoke

Early '90s Export Series, Pearl White.

Had it for almost 20 years. Sold it all and starting over from rock bottom.
Gonna try going a little smaller this time around.

Last edited:

Tone Laborer

My Franken-Pearl with Premier Snare, 22x18,12x9,16x16,14x5.5-- 14" A Mastersound hi hats, 16" K Dark Medium Thin, and 20" Paiste Alpha. With assorted disarray. The bass drum is an early 2000s poplar Export. I finally ID'ed the toms as Pearl Internationals, simply the best. They are rumored to be from the 80s and luan mahogany.

Attachments

Last edited: