Show Off Your PEARL!

ledzepjb

Alright, so there's pretty much a ''show off your_____'' thread for all the big brands, so we might as well have one for Pearl!

For now I don't have any pictures of my Pearl but as soon as I get the chance to take some I will post 'em!

Jay.B.

Silver Member
I have played with various different setups, but always end up back in this configuration as I seem to find it most comfortable.
I started out playing on the standard 5piece setup with the two toms mounted off the bass drum, quite high up, therefore crazy angles, but the more I played and adjusted things the more it all settled down, lowered and flattened out.
Give it a try, change anything to anywhere, and see where you are most comfortable with it, get ideas from other kits, experiment and have fun.

gaspesien

That's my stripped and stained 1980 somethin' export. The shell wood content is a mystery, could be a mix of mahogany and/or poplar. It sounds like a birch kit, lot of low end. 12yrs of good service and still goin'

gaspesien

Thank you J.B,

The kit was wrapped with a chromed tin sheet, it was bullet proof but the kit sounds much much better now.

Solaris

Silver Member
gaspesien - Is that a PDP 5.5" maple snare with maple hoops I spy?

Latest setup:

Pearl Export ELX fusion. I think it's the same finish as bears_eating_drums, just with black hardware.

gaspesien

solaris:
gaspesien - Is that a PDP 5.5" maple snare with maple hoops I spy?

Yes it's an all-maple 14x5.5, like your's, How do you like yours, i think it has a nice sound but lacks volume for certain styles. I switch to Unix snare drums, the PDP doesn't get played much anymore!

Solaris

Silver Member
Haha, you know that's exactly how I feel about it. It has a nice sound, but it just lacks the balls. I heard a Vinne Paul snare today tuned up really nice and if I had 500 (Aus) bucks I'd have bought it then and there.

Pearl Player

Some shots from my kit as setup for a recording session a few weeks back.. The recording gear is also mine. That is how I make my money so I can buy more toys.

Mike, Gordon also hopes you enjoy! hehe!

Mike

Khaine88

heres my pearl export ELX in Amber mist which was my first kit :)

12-9 tom
13-10 tom
16-16 tom
22-18 bass
14-5 snare

evans g1 and remo emp heads

cymbals
14" K custom dark hats
15" K Dark Crash
17" K Custom Dark Crash
20" Ufip Class Ride