Show off your Ludwigs? : )

acsunda

Stainless BOP Kit

2 months of restoration and conversion. All made from abused 1970s concert toms.
8x12, 10x14, 10x18.
I love this so much

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
I've heard they offered inside exotic veneers, but I'm not sure I knew that was standard with the exotic line.

Congrats man, those are exceptionally beautiful!

David Hunter

I've heard they offered inside exotic veneers, but I'm not sure I knew that was standard with the exotic line.

Congrats man, those are exceptionally beautiful!

Thanks very much! Yep, the veneers were supposedly sourced (according to Ludwig) from a 30 year old private collection, hence the name Aged Exotic. I don't believe they made many sets, and they were only offered briefly in 2018. The three that I was able to get were NOS, still sitting in boxes on pallets in the Monroe, NC warehouse. The Birdseye set was used once for catalog photographs and reboxed. The others were unopened. They were drop shipped directly to me by a trucking company. The whole process was so efficient, as compared to going through dealer channels.

A good friend of mine was able to snag an Aged Exotic set in Curly Maple that is also gorgeous to look at. I'm glad he did... I was tempted!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
here is my dads 1955 Ludwig set that is now mine. In this pic, set up in an art gallery gig that we do every summer...
the cymbals are also 1948-55 Zildjians...this is the set I grew up learning on as a kid. I still have all of the original equipment, including the original plastic heads at home...

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Nice, I’d love to take them for a drive.

hmmm...if we ever play up your way!!! Closest we got this summer was Indian Lake!!! They have better heads on now...went with the Remo Vintage fit Diplomats, and they sound much better!!!

Darth Vater

Here's a classic maple kit I put together over the last week or so. They sound SOOOOOOOO good. I think they look pretty cool too!. :cool:

Specs are a FAB config 22x14, 13x9, 16x16 with a 12x8 add on tom, all in Vintage Black Oyster. Snare is a Blk Beauty 14x6.5 with tube lugs and P88ac throw. Pics below

BB FAB.jpgBB.jpgDworld 1.jpgDworld 2.jpg

RickP

Gold Member
A couple months back I was browsing Reverb and found this gorgeous NOS Classic Maple 110th Anniversary kit . I placed what I thought was a barely acceptable bid and low and behold the dealer accepted it !

I have owned three Legacy Classic Maple kits and this is my first Classic Maple kit . From the first time I played this kit , I have realized I far prefer the sound of the Classic Maple shells to the Legacy Classic . No slight on the Legacy Classic . I just like the longer note and wider tuning range of the Classic Maple .
925AEB53-211F-453E-B3EA-3BED1C8C9E0E.jpegA74F5684-7E03-4BB1-BD09-9E3CA10CDEEF.jpegA26A17D6-9F23-4CB4-AC0C-B8178B4F6380.jpeg318FCCDB-1861-4657-92B6-1F89C812621C.jpeg