Show off your Ludwigs? : )

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
I've heard they offered inside exotic veneers, but I'm not sure I knew that was standard with the exotic line.

Congrats man, those are exceptionally beautiful!

David Hunter

I've heard they offered inside exotic veneers, but I'm not sure I knew that was standard with the exotic line.

Congrats man, those are exceptionally beautiful!
Thanks very much! Yep, the veneers were supposedly sourced (according to Ludwig) from a 30 year old private collection, hence the name Aged Exotic. I don't believe they made many sets, and they were only offered briefly in 2018. The three that I was able to get were NOS, still sitting in boxes on pallets in the Monroe, NC warehouse. The Birdseye set was used once for catalog photographs and reboxed. The others were unopened. They were drop shipped directly to me by a trucking company. The whole process was so efficient, as compared to going through dealer channels.

A good friend of mine was able to snag an Aged Exotic set in Curly Maple that is also gorgeous to look at. I'm glad he did... I was tempted!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

here is my dads 1955 Ludwig set that is now mine. In this pic, set up in an art gallery gig that we do every summer...
the cymbals are also 1948-55 Zildjians...this is the set I grew up learning on as a kid. I still have all of the original equipment, including the original plastic heads at home...

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG