Show off your Ludwigs? : )

Road Bull

Silver Member
Here are some fuzzy pics of my new kit for this Ludwig page. I am really liking this new Classic Maple kit. The 26"x14" bass is a totally new world for me. The 14" rack and 16" floor sound awesome and are great compliments to this kit.

Attachments

T

The Old Hyde

Here are some fuzzy pics of my new kit for this Ludwig page. I am really liking this new Classic Maple kit. The 26"x14" bass is a totally new world for me. The 14" rack and 16" floor sound awesome and are great compliments to this kit.
drrooooll!! that was totally worth the wait! great kit...

-M.A.D-

Hi folks..
first post, but old love.

Have had a b/o big beat set in the beginning 80s, think it was clear mahogany...
Have actually an 80s Rocker set in black and brand new I got this set from 71 in
silver sparkle.
Today I will get a new snare, a supralite in 5,5*14, maybe I will look for an old acrolite, or a old supraphonic?

I´m really happy with my new old kit, lucky to see those very cool pics of your sets here & hope that you like my set too :)

Hope those pics are not too big... ??

Here's a quick shot of my Classic Maple Zep kit. I should have a new CM 10x14" rack tom with matching mini classic lugs and the same badging in a few weeks which I ordered from Drumcenter of New Hampshire. Nice guys!

This next stunning set I found in a shop and it's all NOS Citrus Mod Glass Glitter decked out like a Buddy Rich kit. It consists of 14x24, 9x13, 2-16x16 a 6 1/2 x 14 and matching Ludwig cannister. It's absolutely breathtaking in person.

Road Bull

Silver Member
drrooooll!! that was totally worth the wait! great kit...
Thanks man! I am REALLY happy with this purchase. I am excited to look at them while playing, and they sound as good as they look. The sizes really work well together. I like these a good bit more than my Tama Artstar Customs that I am coming from, (that also sound great). These just have a beautiful wide-open sound to them. I dig em.

Hi folks..
first post, but old love.

Have had a b/o big beat set in the beginning 80s, think it was clear mahogany...
Have actually an 80s Rocker set in black and brand new I got this set from 71 in
silver sparkle.
Today I will get a new snare, a supralite in 5,5*14, maybe I will look for an old acrolite, or a old supraphonic?

I´m really happy with my new old kit, lucky to see those very cool pics of your sets here & hope that you like my set too :)

Hope those pics are not too big... ??

Man! Those look great. There is something classic about sparkles and chrome. Great photography too!

Here's a quick shot of my Classic Maple Zep kit. I should have a new CM 10x14" rack tom with matching mini classic lugs and the same badging in a few weeks which I ordered from Drumcenter of New Hampshire. Nice guys!

This next stunning set I found in a shop and it's all NOS Citrus Mod Glass Glitter decked out like a Buddy Rich kit. It consists of 14x24, 9x13, 2-16x16 a 6 1/2 x 14 and matching Ludwig cannister. It's absolutely breathtaking in person.

I don't get tired of looking at Bonham kits. Looks beautiful man! The only thing I regret about my Bonham sized kit, is not trying it sooner. I love it. And the Citrus Mod Glass Glitter looks great too! Where did you find those beauties?

Thanks man! I am REALLY happy with this purchase. I am excited to look at them while playing, and they sound as good as they look. The sizes really work well together. I like these a good bit more than my Tama Artstar Customs that I am coming from, (that also sound great). These just have a beautiful wide-open sound to them. I dig em.

Man! Those look great. There is something classic about sparkles and chrome. Great photography too!

I don't get tired of looking at Bonham kits. Looks beautiful man! The only thing I regret about my Bonham sized kit, is not trying it sooner. I love it. And the Citrus Mod Glass Glitter looks great too! Where did you find those beauties?
The Bonham kit I bought from Forks Drum Closet in 2011 and the Glass Glitter Citrus Mod kit just came in at a local shop called Dynamite Music in Griffith Indiana. It's not mine. I just had to snap pictures of it before it's gone! The Psychedelic Red kit in behind the Citrus Mod kit is killer too.

Road Bull

Silver Member
The Bonham kit I bought from Forks Drum Closet in 2011 and the Glass Glitter Citrus Mod kit just came in at a local shop called Dynamite Music in Griffith Indiana. It's not mine. I just had to snap pictures of it before it's gone! The Psychedelic Red kit in behind the Citrus Mod kit is killer too.
Yeah, I saw that Psychedelic Red Ludwig kit in the back of the pic as well. That was a pretty cool collection of Ludwigs in the same store in two fairly unique finishes. Cool!

illjarn

Setting up for NYE party in Krabi, Thailand. New Ludwig Legacy Classics (12x8, 14x14. 18x14) WMP, older Black Beauty (14x5 hammered), and Zildjian K and Constantinople cymbals.

Attachments

Drumjack

Last year i became 50 and decided that this was a reason for buying a new shellset. It was quite clear for me that it should be a classic maple. And after playing a Sonorlite in birch finish for nearly 30 years it had to be a coloured wrap finish. But which colour should i choose? After some very nice pictures posted of very helpfull members in this forum i ordered a Classic Maple in Orange Glass Glitter. And after 5 months waiting it was mine:

22x18, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5 Supraphonic Snare

From the left to the right: Paiste 2002 Splash 12", Paiste 2002 Crash 19", Zildjian Avedis Quickbeat 14", Paiste Formula 602 Heavy 22", Paiste 2002 Crash 17", Paiste 2002 China 20"

I love the colour, i love the sound - i am a lucky man!

Last edited:

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
1960 COB Super, Copperphonic, 80's Hammered Bronze, 1959 Trans Badge COB, ... 1920's Solid Mahogany Super..

Last edited:

Salty Dog

Ludwig Keystone USA with ATLAS mounts
Salmon Oyster Pearl wrap
PowerBeat configuration
BD: 22X17
Tom: 8X12
FT: 16X16

Snares:
8X14 Ludwig Keystone
Salmon Oyster Pearl wrap
Also serves as a FT (as shown on pict)